Featured Post

Topping Stupidity: Comcast for the Win.

Yahoo! might think its readers are too dumb to pick out a hurricane in a photo...but Comcast has managed to usurp them for stupidity on the day. My cable wasn't working so I contacted Comcast's Online Chat Customer Service tonight...

Our chat transcript: (italics my comments)

Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:51:08 EDT 2009)>I can see here that there is an outage in your area, Chris. This is has caused the interruption that you currently encountered.

I might be a mathematician...but even I can pick out that terrible butchering of tenses. Good start to the conversation.

Chris_(Wed Aug 19 23:51:10 EDT 2009)>Ok, it's been like that for two days now. Has the outage been that long?

My cable hasn't worked correctly for a couple of days...which either means that Comcast is extra terrible at repairing damage OR the diagnosis is incorrect...
Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:51:44 EDT 2009)>Our technicians and engineers are working to quickly resolve the problem. The time frame for repair really depends on the extent of the damage.
Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:52:31 EDT 2009)>Well, it’s hard to say. As mentioned earlier, the repair really depends on the extent of the damage.

Notice the timestamp. The Comcast representative's "As mentioned earlier" translates to "I just typed this 57 seconds ago." It's pretty sad when you can tell someone simply doesn't care through a generic chat window in less than five minutes of chatting. PS: It was mostly cloudy all day today with a few sprinkles...not exactly terrible weather - and I live in the middle of the city, so it's not like I'm in the woods twenty miles away from civilization.

Chris_(Wed Aug 19 23:52:22 EDT 2009)>Ok...so I guess I wait some more for it to be fixed.
Chris_(Wed Aug 19 23:52:32 EDT 2009)>Alright, thanks for the information

I try to be nice.

Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:52:58 EDT 2009)>Don't worry, we'll make sure that this is already has been attended.

I suppose if the sentence doesn't make sense, Comcast hasn't actually promised me anything, right?

Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:53:07 EDT 2009)>Do you have other concerns for today?
Chris_(Wed Aug 19 23:52:59 EDT 2009)>No, that's it

...besides the fact that the promise to "make sure that this is already has been attended" makes me want to cry and curse No Child Left Behind even more.

Janice(Wed Aug 19 23:53:28 EDT 2009)>We apologize for this inconcvenience, Chris.

That's right, three c's in inconvenience...Comcast - putting an extra c in the inconvenience.

Comments

  1. went thru a similar deal

    found out the pc chat is usually in the Phillipines! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That extra see is there to show how much they Care....about your Cash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize for the terrible experience. I will share this with the appropriate person so that this can be addressed.

    I would also like to help in making sure that the service problem is corrected. Usually, outages are corrected on the same day. Considering that you have been experiencing problems for two days, it is possible that the problem is caused by a signal or an equipment problem.

    I can reach out to my contacts in your area to get this corrected. What is the phone number associated with the account? You can send your information at the email provided below.

    Again, I am sorry for the experience and I appreciate the opportunity to assist.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ComcastCares1: I sent you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, that's pretty impressive. I complain about a lot of stuff on my blog, and I've never had a representative from the company come and post in the effort to appease me.

    Netflix, I'm looking at you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Jason, it was a very nice surprise. In fact, it impressed me enough that I told a bunch of people about it (only fair since I'm likely to complain to a bunch of people if something goes wrong)... Still, I didn't get a reply from Mr. Casem but I did get the situation resolved via phone today.

    And yes, sometimes complaining about something on the blog does work...this is the second time a company has made an effort to help or clarify (Topps did a similar thing a few months back on my blog). Always nice to see that some companies do care about their customers...even if it is hard to see sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment