Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with blog reader Ryan!

A few days ago, blog reader Ryan contacted me saying he had a couple of cards off of my '09 Allen & Ginter want list that I needed. Obviously intrigued, I wrote back saying I was interested and after a few back and forth emails, I sent him an Adam Dunn Allen & Ginter relic card plus a stack of New York Mets cards for the following exceedingly difficult to track down cards:

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Terror:
LMT12. Cyclops

I visited Greece this past summer, so seeing cards (such as this one) of mythical creatures that I learned about from Greek history excited me quite a bit! The Creatures of Legend, Myth, & Terror insert set is probably my favorite insert set from the '09 Allen & Ginter set - which is a bit disappointing for me since I'm still missing 12 of the 20 cards from the set!


Inventions of the Future:
FI4. Here-To-There-O-Matic
Here's a great example of why some people LOVE Allen & Ginter - and why others LOATH Allen & Ginter. Me, I love the set - but I can see why others wouldn't be overly excited to pull a card of a fake item that doesn't even include any information on the back except for a checklist of 4 other fake items... That said, I happen to love the set - I think it's a funny, quirky, and ultimately interesting set that I'm finally getting closer to completing!

Extinct Creatures:
EA5. Eastern Elk
The past few Allen & Ginter sets have featured a "stealth" insert set dealing with some type of animals. They've done snakes, sharks, and now extinct creatures. I can only hope that next year they do an insert set full of dinosaurs!

Wow - thanks a lot Ryan! It's been nearly impossible to find people willing (or able) to trade cards from ANY of those three insert sets...to find someone that had one card that I needed from each was exceedingly exciting to say the least! As always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments