Featured Post

Delivery Time! Reds Cards from Jack at All Tribe Baseball

I made the mistake of changing Calculus textbooks for my class I teach over the Christmas break, which means I have to redo all my old lessons, homeworks, and exams... As such, my mailbox has filled up with trades, envelopes, and even a bipping (!) but I haven't had time to plot my revenge post about them. Hopefully I've managed to get things back under control so that I can get back into regular posting!

One of the packages in my mailbox was an envelope from Jack over at All Tribe Baseball. Jack and I have been swapping packages back and forth for awhile now - and every time he seems to find some more awesome cards that I don't yet own!

Here's a sampling of some of the great cards:

2004 Topps Total
Brandon Claussen - Autograph

I miss the old Topps Total, a gigantic set, no gimmicky short prints, all one series...It was a fun challenge. My only problem with the Topps Total line was that, in general, I found the design to be too boring to warrant opening up 200 or so packs. That said, I do like this autograph - and it's the first autograph card I think I've ever seen from Total. The clean, no frills design works well to highlight the auto - even if it looks like Brandon wrote his name in Sanskrit.

2008 Topps
Matt Belisle - Gold Parallel (#1064/2008)

Every time I get a gold card, whether by trade or by pulling it from a pack, I wonder if anyone has ever successfully put together an entire gold set... I know that I managed to put together the 2007 Topps Heritage Chrome set (of which there were fewer cards made per card), but Chrome cards were statistically easier to pull per pack if my memory is correct. I guess that might be a fun challenge to take on some year when I really, really like the design of the base set.

2007 Bowman Heritage
Ken Griffey Jr.

The Bowman Heritag set is pretty cool - and it's one that I wish I would have bought more of when it came out...it'd be a nice one to have complete! The only gripe I have with this particular card is that shiny sunglasses seem to contradict the old-school feel of the Heritage line.

2000 Topps Chrome
Sean Casey

One of the most common complaints about the baseball card industry is that (at least up until this year) there were too many brands and too many product lines. For me, the Topps Chrome line was always a relatively easy choice for me to ignore. I figured it was more beneficial to focus on other sets that weren't shiny copies of cards that I had collected earlier in the year...especially when the packs were moderately pricey with too few cards. However, as time goes on, I'm really liking the Topps Chrome brand more and more...so much so that I think this year will be the first year that I make an honest effort to collect the entire set!

And finally, Jack sent me a bunch of Barry Larkins. Most of the Larkins I didn't have - and the the three that I did have (pictured below) are great additions because now I can have a Larkin in both the set binder and the player binder!


Thanks a lot Jack - and, as always, I'll be keeping my eyes open for any Indians I might pull. If anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments