Featured Post

Nachos Grande: Month in Review

I'm stealing inspired by the same concept over at Phungo.

Now that the end of the month is here, it's time to take a look at the good, bad, and ugly:

The good:

I managed to knock off a bunch of cards from a variety of sets on my want list, especially 2009 Topps, 2009 Allen & Ginter, 1991 Score, and 2008 Topps Heritage. I also received a smattering of cards from other sets throughout the month.

I busted a total of one hobby box (2008 Topps Heritage High Series), a five 2009 Heritage High Series blasters (three here and two more here), and a tin of 2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spot (more on that in a moment).

Throughout all of that, the best pull of the month was easy - this Robin Roberts relic card out of the 2008 Topps Heritage High Series box.

The bad:

I still haven't found a single pack of 2010 Topps available for purchase at any nearby big box store. I finally broke down and purchased a jumbo box of 2010 Topps from Atlanta Sports Cards - I've never dealt with Atlanta Sports Cards so I'm hopeful everything will work out nicely. Through the month of January, I've accumulated a measly three 2010 Topps cards, all thanks to Sooz in a trade this month.



And finally, the ugly.

It wasn't a terribly ugly month, but the 2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spot tin from Target took the "honors." The whole thing was a piece of poo, saved only because I was able to trade away a few of the cards for things I actually wanted.

The only other "ugly" for the month was the Bipping epidemic that has plagued blog-land (is that better than blogosphere, I fear it isn't). I got hit once...and I have a sneaking suspicion that the Bippings are quite over with...

So there you have it, the good, bad, and ugly for January 2010. See you in February!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    I've dealt with Atlanta a dozen times or so. They aren't my favorite (merely because of selection), but they do a great job and they are willing to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense a contest...perhaps you'll want to check my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever received the last package I sent you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment