Featured Post

Topps Replies: Redemption Woes Continue

You might remember back to early summer when I was busting boxes of Allen & Ginter like a crazy fool... Well, I pulled an Alex Rios redemption card which I promptly entered into Topps' online redemption system.

Today, I get the following email:

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15
week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

Topps Allen & Ginter
Alex Rios Framed Auto
Our staff is working diligently to process and ship your redemption card as soon as possible. Please continue to check your Online Redemption account for updates regarding the status of your card. If you no longer wish to wait for the redemption card, please contact our Consumer Relations team in order to place a substitution request for a card of equal Beckett value.
Do not hesitate to contact our Consumer Relations department
via phone at 1-800-489-9149 or via email at support@etopps.com for assistance. A
consumer relations representative will be available to assist you Monday through
Friday from 8:30am to 4:30 pm (ET).
Sincerely,
Consumer Relations
The Topps Company, Inc.


Now, my question is: Has anyone done the "subsitute for equal Beckett value" option on a redemption? And if so, do they care if you attach a note like "I like the Reds"? I'm guessing they don't care - but I'm thinking about taking the risk since I don't particularly care about Alex Rios. However - I would be very disappointed if my "equal Beckett value" card came back and it A. wasn't a Red or B. wasn't from 2009 Allen & Ginter.

If you've had any experiences with Topps' redemptions let me know either via comment (or if you prefer, email - my email is now listed on my profile).

Comments

  1. I redeemed a Jesse Venture relic redemption from Topps American Heritage and got Erik Estrada instead. A loooong time ago I redeemed an Eddie Belfour stick card and got a jersey, auto and pack of Stadium Club. Basically, results will vary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't necessarily care about the Alex Rios autograph, why not go for it?? I don't think I've pulled a redemption since 04 Bowman, for those uncirculated cards. I remember them arriving fairly quickly, though.

    But yeah, go for the "mystery door" option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Murad basketball redemption that never got produced. I replied to the e-mail that they sent asking if I could possibly get a Celtics card as a replacement and they came through. Topps has a bazillion Jay Bruce autos floating around so they may send one of those.

    The only problem with the whole book value thing is that the nobodies that sell for a buck on eBay sometimes go for $10 or $20 in Beckett and that can be the person that you end up with.

    If you've got the time, give them a call. The phone support has been great when I've dealt with them and they may be able to work with you more easily than through e-mail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment