Featured Post

Delivery Time! Packages from Offy's Sports Site, Heartbreak Cards, Night Owl Cards, and The Greatest 21 Days

It's time to sort through a few more remaining yellow envelopes that I haven't yet posted.  In an effort to condense posts in order to get the group break packs all posted, I'm going to combine a bunch of envelopes into one large Delivery Time! trade post. 

Here we go!

First up, some a contest prize from Mike over at Offy's Sports Site.
2009 Tristar - Obak
Gary Redus - Autograph  #008/200

This is the first Obak card that I own, and I have to say I like it a lot.  The autograph is a sticker which is a bit of a bummer, but Mr. Redus has a really nice autograph so that makes it worthwhile!  Thanks for the prize Mike!

Second up, a bunch of Barry Larkin cards from Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius.  Matt asked for a 2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor of Cliff Lee in exchange for a 2002 Upper Deck Plus serially-numbered card of Barry Larkin. 

However, as is usually the case when I trade, I threw in a few extra Mariners and Royals for him and he threw in a few extra Barry Larkins for me!

As usual, all the Larkin cards will get their chance to shine in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series.

Third up, a package of cards from Greg over at Night Owl Cards.  He went to a card show and offered to "shop*" for a lucky blog reader or two.  I didn't come in first, but I did end up second - which was good enough for a nice pile of Reds cards, many of which I didn't previously own.

*Quick aside:  I've often thought how great it would be for there to be some type of service where people would shop for you for some item that you hate shopping for.  Maybe expert car buyers could buy cars on behalf of people who hate auto dealers or perhaps someone could open a grocery shopping business where they buy a weeks worth of food for a person who hates stepping foot in the supermarker.  For me, I'd hire someone to buy my clothes as I hate shopping for clothes (and shoes for that matter).  In fact, since I am a college instructor, I've often toyed with the idea of giving a few of my students a couple hundred bucks, my sizes, and telling them to come back with a new wardrobe for me.  Of course, I haven't been brave enough to actually follow through on that plan but maybe someday.  If nothing else it'd make an interesting blog entry about something other than baseball cards I'm sure!

Back to the cards that Greg sent me:

1978 Topps:
276.  Bill Bonham

377.  Manny Sarmiento
646.  Rick Auerbach

1981 Topps:
52.  Hector Cruz
521.  Sam Mejias

A whole bunch of 1981 Fleer cards, including a few of my favorites:
197.  Dave Concepcion

200.  Tom Seaver

and 214.  Mario Soto

And to top it off, Greg through in three other Reds, including a Griffey card I've never seen before!

And, last but not least a small envelope that got buried amongst the yellow envelopes!  This one from Steven over at The Greatest 21 Days blog.  Steven sent me a couple of cards off my want list:

2010 Topps:
Cards Your Mother Threw Out:

 #31 Paul Molitor

1991 Score:
#485  Dennis Eckersley

2008 Upper Deck First Edition
StarQuest Common:
SQ-40.  Daisuke Matsuzaka

This isn't actually a card from my want list since it's from the First Edition set but that's ok.  I'm sure there's a Red Sox fan out there who would like to trade for it!

Thanks to all those who recently traded with me!  As for everyone else, if you would like to complete a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Hey, hope you enjoy the two cards you wanted and the one you didn't. I just did up a post on your package in return, it'll be up Sunday afternoon. But it was a great package, including one card that turns out to be very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment