Featured Post

Allen & Ginter - Just the Hits (Part 2)

I've already chronicled a bunch of hits from the boxes I opened here (all of which are now eBay here along with some other cards I'm selling).  It's now time to show off some of the cards that I fully plan on keeping (though I would be open to trading for other Allen & Ginter hits in some cases).  I'd actually like to try and collect ALL the relics and autographs in this year's set - which means I'll be putting up a bunch of relics & autos from other sets for trade shortly.

The Relics:
Bat pieces:
AGR-AG.  Adrian Gonzalez
AGR-CC.  Chris Coghlan
AGR-KB.  Kyle Blanks
AGR-KM.  Kendry Morales
AGR-MR.  Mark Reynolds
AGR-YE.  Yunel Escobar

Jersey pieces:
AGR-JB.  Jay Bruce
AGR-JH.  Josh Hamilton
AGR-JJ.  Josh Johnson
AGR-ML.  Mat Latos
AGR-RB.  Ryan Braun
AGR-RN.  Ricky Nolasco

As you can see, I didn't nab any of the non-baseball player relics which was too bad.  I always find it interesting to see what strange relics A&G has in store. 

The Autographs:
Baseball players:
AGA-CK.  Clayton Kershaw

AGA-RO. Ross Ohlendorf

AGA-RPE.  Ryan Perry

For the second year in a row I pulled a Clayton Kershaw autograph...I'm guessing Night Owl wishes his box and my Kershaw box were swapped!  The other two autographs are rather "meh" but that's ok, I'm still trying to get 'em all so no complaints.

Non-baseball Players:
AGA-RTH.  Tony Hoard and Rory

Tony must be the guy and Rory must be the dog.  Apparently they are disc dog champions (well, probably only the dog is the champion but you know what I mean).  These types of cards are what makes Allen & Ginter so special, you truly never know quite what you are going to get - which makes opening every box so addictive!

Silk:
Non-baseball Player:

Gatto (#ed 04/10)

Woo, a silk card!  These particular cards are awesome - and while they are much too rare for me to chase as a set, I wouldn't mind trading for any that someone might have available. 

I guess I'll have to show off the minis (that I'm keeping) in a third post - this one is long enough.  I'm also in the process of getting together a bunch of other relics/autos to trade for your 2010 Allen & Ginter hits, no matter who (or what) they might be!

Comments

  1. I'll have four of my hits up for trade, two auto's and two jerseys. I'll keep an eye open for anything I find interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet I want the Kershaw.

    I can trade you one of my non-Wright hits from my box, along with a couple from your minis list, or we can work out some sort of Reds combo trade thing. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice hits... i'll look into bidding on the padres relics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will gladly take those annoying Wordsmiths off your hands.

    I'm a total book geek!!


    Word Verification - fiessess (Ewwwww!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment