Featured Post

Allen & Ginter - Just the "Hits" (Part 1)

I know I've complained about my first case of Allen & Ginter quite a bit, but that didn't stop me from buying a second case (which hopefully will arrive within a couple of days).  However, before I bust the second case, I've promised myself three things:

1.  I will scan (and write posts) for this case.
2.  I will organize all cards - and complete trades as necessary.
3.  I will list some of the cards on eBay with the hopes of getting some of my money back.  Especially since I already bought a second case in a moment of weakness. 

Let's get started on the goals - here are some of the hits from my boxes of the first case. 

No numbered minis:
Brad Lidge

Mahlon Duckett

Tony Hawk

Considering that these cards are 1:140 packs, I'd say I did pretty well on the no-number front.  Unfortunately, they are one of the few minis that I have no interest in trying to collect so these will all be up on eBay (hopefully tonight).  I also realized that I should have kept the box with the Duckett no-number mini in tact for Gint-a-Cuffs.  Unfortunately, I didn't do that so my Gint-a-Cuff box(es) will have to come from the second case.  I'm beginning to think it won't matter anyhow unless I pull some kind of crazy hit-filled box since Beardy has already let it slip that he found a box with all sorts of extra hits, packs, rip cards, and who knows what else.

I also pulled my first-ever Bazooka back mini card

162.  Juan Pierre

Sure, Pierre wasn't my first choice of subjects to pull a Bazooka back card of, but since it's my first Bazooka I don't care, it's still cool...and at 1:280 packs, I'm pleased with the pull.  I like that it's hand-numbered (out of 25), though I do question the use of a ballpoint pen to do the numbering.

Celestial Stars:
CS3.  Tim Lincecum

CS7.  Evan Longoria

I was lucky enough to pull two Celestial Star mini cards as well.  I'm not sure what the official odds are on these but the common wisdom seems to say 1 per case.  Obviously, if that's the case, then I did pretty well with the Zodiac guys.  I've decided that this is one of the few mini insert sets that I won't try to collect - so off to eBay they go!

This concludes part one of the "hits" from my boxes of Allen & Ginter (case #1).  The next installment will show off some more hits, this time ones that I am going to try and collect/complete - including the rest of the mini inserts, the relics, the autographs, and a silk card!

Comments

  1. Why does everyone think that I'm going to automatically win? It's still very very early.

    Good luck with the second case, and keep me in mind for any O's hits and mini doubles that you pull.

    I'm definitely chasing the Monsters of the Mesozoic and Sailors of the Seven Seas mini sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need any an all Red Sox doubles you get. Expecially any minis and their varations. Actually I'm still working on last years minis. (and 06 and 07)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment