Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade and Group Break with Mike from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet

Right before I left for some grant work with NASA, I received my group break cards from Mike over at BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet.  Upon returning home from the (almost) week long conference, I received a trade package from Mike.  It's almost like I "knew" I'd be able to do a two-for-one post!

First up, the group break results.  Mike hosted a group break full of all sorts of random packs.  For the break, I selected the Reds (my favorite team) and the Pirates (my "home state team").  As it turned out, it was a good thing I selected the Pirates - I had most of the Reds but not very many of the Pirates.  Here are a few of my favorites:

2006 Fleer Ultra
RBI1.  Ken Griffey Jr.

This was one of the few Reds cards I didn't already have...and I really like it!  It's certainly not a crazy design (something Fleer has been known for) but is instead a simple card of one of the best baseball players of all time.

1999 Topps Chrome:
11.  Jose Guillen
113.  Aramis Ramirez

I received a few Topps Chrome cards of Pirates (no Reds though) - but these two particular cards illustrate the Pirates perfectly...they are simply a major league farm team!

2000 Topps Finest:
23.  Brian Giles

I've never opened a pack of Topps Finest in my life...and since there aren't any card shops within 50 miles of me, I probably never will - so that makes getting a card like the Giles card pretty special. 

All in all, it was a nice little group break.  Thanks for hosting it Mike!

Now, onto the trade that Mike and I completed.

I sent Mike a bunch of 2010 Topps (mostly inserts) plus a Thurman Munson short print card (you read all about his end of the trade on his blog).  In return, Mike knocked a bunch of cards off my want list!

2010 Topps:
Base:
504.  Jeff Mathis
548.  Brian Fuentes
655.  Ryan Madson

I found it annoying that I busted two hobby boxes of Topps Series 2 and didn't even complete the base set.  These three cards get me a bit closer though!

Peak Performers:
PP-69.  Ryan Zimmerman
PP-85.  Justin Upton
PP-87.  Troy Tulowitzki
PP-90.  Richie Ashburn
PP-91.  Matt Cain
PP-93.  Robin Roberts
PP-99.  Brian McCann

Legenday Lineage:
LL-35.  Al Kaline & Miguel Cabrera
LL-47.  Frank Robinson & Ryan Braun
LL-49.  Lou Brock & Carl Crawford
LL-58.  Honus Wagner & Andrew McCutchen

Mike also threw in a couple of Larkin cards for me! 

Thanks for the great group break and trade Mike - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade with me, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Don't feel too bad, I busted 4 boxes without finishing a set. I needed about 6 cards for my set, and they were all damaged in the third box I opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fleer Ultra inserts from that year. I'm working on the 2010 Topps set through retail and a couple of Jumbo packs here and there, so I'm sure you are further along then me!
    http://threeupdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment