Featured Post

Group Break: 2000 Topps Stadium Club - Pack 02

It's time to open another pack from the Stadium Club box.

2000 Topps Stadium Club
Pack 02:


56.  Matt Stairs - Athletics
57.  Omar Vizquel - Indians

The Cleveland Indians weren't claimed in this group break, which I believe marks the first time (in four breaks) that the Indians went unclaimed!  As for the card itself, it's a neat action shot from a rather unique point of view.  I wouldn't want a set full of photos of the back of a player's head, but having a couple like that is actually fairly nice!
97.  Mickey Morandini - Cubs

I love the horizontal shots in this set, some photos simply beg for a wider width than others - this particular photo is a perfect example of that.
124.  David Bell - Mariners
I see my streak of pulling Mariners has continued into this break - this is the third Mariner card (2 base, 1 insert) in only six packs (and nary a Red to be found so far I might add)!
130.  Omar Daal - Diamondbacks
Much like the Eric Young card in the first pack I busted, this card is beat all to Hades.  I certainly hope this isn't a trend that will continue throughout the box...though I am happy that only one card per pack appears to beat up.
150.  Greg Maddux - Braves

I like that the back of the card features Maddux taking some warmup swings with a weighted bat.  I also like that the word "dumbfounding" is used on the back of Maddux' card (and seriously, what other pitcher would deserve a word like dumbfounding on their card anyhow)?!
Paper checklist.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Hah, that Maddux card makes me think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltD21rYWVw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment