Featured Post

When Checklists Were Used.

As part of my New Year's Resolutions (which will go active tomorrow on my blog), I've begun the long process of organizing my cards - ALL of my cards.  To begin, I decided to put my 1991 Topps set in a binder.  As I was doing so, I ran across three cards that I ended up with "better" versions of - though these three cards will always hold a special spot in my heart:
Notice the missing corner.  Undoubtedly I valued the checklist cards the least (in terms of condition) so it was probably on the top or bottom of the stack at some point when disaster struck.
Sometimes a simple checklist isn't enough.  For this one, it appeared I decided that I needed two ways of keeping track of my cards, though I no longer remember what I was thinking with checks, lines, and highlighted names.

See, that's what card collecting should be like.  Sure, everyone likes to pull the occasional "valuable" card, but for the most part, card collecting should be fun.  Fun like 1991 was for me.  The Reds had just won the World Series, I was finally old enough to take care of cards properly - other than writing on checklists of course, and I hadn't yet been corrupted by bits of cloth or autographs of marginal players in my packs.  Oh yeah, and you could four packs of 18 cards each for about a buck, after tax.  Life was good!
And sometimes I made mistakes - like that one time I crossed off Joe Morgan's name when I didn't have his card.  Too bad I used ink...though no problem, I simply re-wrote his name!

Unfortunately for my collection, life isn't quite as good now - I realized that my initial list of what I needed was incomplete...and now I need four 1991 Topps cards in order to have the full set.  Remember, I'll happily work out a trade should you have any of the four, OR you can claim my latest trade stack!

Here's what I need from 1991 Topps (and here's everything I currently am looking for).
1991 Topps:
Base:

418, 511, 774, and 781

As always, any help is appreciated!

Comments

  1. I can help with all 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I checked off a 2010 A&G checklist just a few weeks ago. It felt nostalgic. It was a dupe, but still...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment