Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Trade Stack 3: And Now, It's Ten Cards for One!

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  1/10/11
  
When I started the trade stack idea, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Would the stacks be claimed early (the first one certainly was)?  Would people only claim if I put something super "valuable" in the stack?  Would team collector's jump on a full stack for a single card of a team they wanted?  Etc. Etc.  Now that we've reached 10 cards in a stack for the first time, I still don't think I have a good idea of what will and won't be claimed (so please, by all means, let me know in the comments).  For now, I'll continue the way I've been going, trying to mix up years, teams, and brands - along with occasional inserts and whatever other goodies I can find.  I also haven't found the ideal time to post these - is it better in the morning or at night?  


For today's addition, it's a Devil Ray (back when they were actually the Devil Rays).  Thanks to the Crime Dog, there are now ten out of the thirty Major League Baseball teams represented in the stack (assuming you count the Milwaukee Braves card as an Atlanta Braves representative).  There is one insert (the Morneau card), a pair of Orioles, six Topps cards, three Upper Deck cards, and one Pinnacle card.  There are "old fashioned cardboard" cards, shiny cards, and a few that are in between.  There's gold foil, silver foil, and cards with no foil.  Is that good enough for someone to swap any one card off my want list for?  Let's see!


1998 Pinnacle Performers:
55.  Fred McGriff




1985 Topps:
140.  Roy Smalley and Roy Smalley  (Father/Son Combo)




1987 Topps:
560.  Glenn Davis




2000 Topps Stadium Club:
52.  Kevin Brown




1991 Topps:
13.  Mariano Duncan




1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice:
219.  Roberto Alomar (Post-Season Celebration)




2009 Allen & Ginter:
43.  Koji Uehara (rookie card)




2009 Topps Heritage:
59.  John Maine




1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice:
371.  Steve Sparks




2009 Upper Deck:
Star Quest - Blue Uncommon

SQ-47.  Justin Morneau


Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!

Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 1:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 2:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 3:  ?? cards by ??

Comments