Featured Post

The Best of the Month: February

February marked the return of Topps baseball cards to store shelves - and for the first time since Allen & Ginter I bought new packs of cards for myself.  I finally had an assortment of cards to choose from as my "best of", but in the end, it was an easy choice since I didn't pull any so-called hits from my retail packs and blasters.

Here's February 2011 - "Best of":

Best purchased card:

All things considered, I didn't purchase all that much interesting this month.  I did, however, buy a lot more cards than I did in January (you are welcome Topps).  My pull of the month is easily this Joey Votto manu-patch card from the first (of three) blasters that I bought at Target.  Now, I know that most people on the blogs seem to dislike the manu-patches, but they do seem to sell decently on eBay.  I will admit that my third patch (a Gio Gonzalez) was much less interesting - and I still haven't decided if it is even worth putting up for sale.  The second patch (a Shin-Soo Choo card) did end up selling (which turned into a larger trade, double bonus for me)!

Best blog post:
Tie:
I Want the Shiny!  You Want Free Sets?
Blog Bat Around:  Fixing Topps

In February, the blogosphere was (rightfully so) dominated by articles and entries talking about all things Topps 2011 Series 1.  For myself, that meant the usual blaster reviews, pack breaks, and the such.  However, for the first time in my blog's history, I've constructed a contest where the goal is that I end up with a complete set of cards - and I give away more than one complete set of cards to people that help me out.  To date, I've managed to nab about half of the shiny parallel cards - so far, so good!

The other blog entry that got my vote was my Blog Bat Around entry.  It's certainly not a fine piece of writing (I was admittedly in a bit of a hurry, plus I'm not that great of a writer)!  It does, however, illustrate many of my beefs with some of Topps's practices.  I will admit that I was disappointed (a bit) that only one person commented on my stuff, heck even my trade posts seem to average more than one comment lately.  Maybe I posted the entry at a crappy time or something...or maybe my ideas simply weren't interesting to anyone but me.  Either way, it's my blog so I get to do what I want, right?!


Previous "Best ofs":
January 2011

Comments