Featured Post

Nacho Grande Review: Blog Bumper Stickers from BuildASign.com

Disclaimer:  A few days ago, I was contacted by a member of the BuildASign.com crew in regards to a possible blog sponsorship.  They agreed to send me a bunch of bumper stickers for my use in exchange for a bit of promotion on my blog.  There was no agreement or obligation for me to do a review of the products they sent me (which were free for me).  The following review, therefore, is 100% my opinion and is not solicited.  After all, I'll gladly accept free stuff for review, but I won't be bought out by "the man."  Of that, you can be sure.  Also, although I worked with a representative by name from BuildASign, I won't divulge the reps name on my blog - you'll simply have to deal with me saying "the rep" a lot.  Sorry about that.

BuildASign.com Bumper Stickers Review:

Initial thoughts:  Pretty awesome.  The representative I worked with first offered me a chance to design my own bumper sticker.  However, my artistic talents aren't exactly well-honed so the rep. offered to design something for me (and then I was able to offer my opinion/suggestions).  After the initial email, a few hours later and I had this gorgeous bumper sticker waiting for my approval.  Actually, I did make a few small tweaks to the original design, but the basic gist of the sticker was 100% the result of the representative from BuildASign.

Since this was a sponsored gig, the rep asked me what I might use the bumper stickers for.  When I explained that I am a voracious trader - and the stickers would make a nice inclusion (hint, want one?  trade with me!), the rep offered to make me a second sticker in a different layout so that I could have multiple items to send out to repeat traders.


For this design, I was a bit disappointed that BuildASign didn't have any Nachos or Nacho Cheese in their clip-art inventory (and I hate Swiss Cheese in general), but I think the overall "feel" of the sticker is solid.  I also like the fact that both stickers have a background that complements my own blog background!  That's probably something I wouldn't have even thought of if I had tried to design my own stickers.

Both sticker designs have adhesive backings that are cut about 1/4" larger than the sticker themselves.  In that way, removing the backing is a piece of cake (something that is appreciated by anyone who has to apply garbage bag ties on household trash bags in the cold)!  In a surprising turn of events, there are NO BuildASign logos or ads anywhere to be found on the stickers (or the backings).  I actually feel a bit guilty about that since the company was gracious enough to donate a bunch of stickers to me for inclusion...and unless someone reads this particular blog they'll never know for sure where the sticker came from!  That said, if I were to buy the stickers, I'd be extremely pleased to see that there are no "outside" advertisements to be found...especially if I were using the stickers as a promotional giveaway for my company or perhaps as a prize for students.

The bottom line:

Fast shipping, courteous employees, and great final product.  The biggest improvement would be a larger variety of available clip-art (and an easier way to search through the art when designing your own signs).  The variety of products is staggering, I have to admit it would be fun to make a license plate for my blog!

Final score:  96/100

Comments