Featured Post

Delivery Time! Long Fly Canadian Trade

I've been absolutely swamped with work, it seems every year I try to get all my exams written, review worksheets made, lessons designed, etc. but things always manage to bog me down.  Last night, for example, I had two separate award ceremonies to attend.  The day before, a six-page exam to grade for two different classes.  Next week, another large exam for my other two classes.  And then, of course, there are those finals to both write (and even worse, grade) coming up in about a week and a half.

I only tell you all that because I'm woefully behind in my trade posts - and for all those who have sent me cards lately, I apologize.  I should get caught up in the next couple of weeks, but I might as well take the time to do one trade post right now.

Today's envelope arrived some time during the first week of April from David over at Long Fly Ball to Because. David had been looking for some 2011 Topps base cards, Target throwback cards, and diamond parallels so I sent him a few that he needed.  In return, he knocked some more cards off of my want list!

2011 Topps:
Diamond Parallels:
34.  Rick Ankiel
This card doesn't have the one side chopped off in person...my scanner hates the diamond cards.

52.  Tampa Bay Rays
132.  Brian Duensing
187.  Milwaukee Brewers

Since David sent me four diamond cards, he earns himself four entries for my Complete Set Giveaway contest happening later this year.  I'm now almost to 68% completion for the Series 1 set.  While that isn't a terrible total, it's made significantly more troubling considering I purchases a lot of about 100 diamond parallel cards in the beginning of this endeavor.  Hopefully, people will take a look at the diamond cards that I still need and help me complete the set before Series 2 is released...

Vintage Reproductions:
CMGR-5.  Babe Ruth

CMGR-30.  Walter Johnson

Thanks to the two cards above, I now am missing only four cards from the set (#2, 18, 20, and 28).  If you happen to have any of those available for trade, let me know!

In addition to the cards that I needed, David also threw in a few assorted Reds cards for me.

Thanks for the trade David!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments