Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Surprise Catastrophe!

Jeff (from Cardboard Catastrophe) and I recently exchanged cards as part of a trade of 2011 Topps cards.  Imagine my surprise when a few days later a second envelope shows up in the mail from Jeff - one full of even more cards from 2011 Topps that I needed!  I obviously owe Jeff a bunch of cards - unfortunately the only card he still needs from 2011 Topps is one that I don't have available (#198).

Here's a look at what cards Jeff sent my way - my want list is slowly shrinking!

Diamond parallels:
161.  Chicago White Sox
245.  Neil Walker

I'm now a little over 65% of the way to a complete diamond parallel set.  The two diamond cards that Jeff sent me earned him another pair of entries into my complete set giveaway contest happening later this year as well!

Topps 60:
T60-44.  Duke Snider

Another card off the Topps 60 want list.  Not counting cards that should be en route to me via the mail, I am only missing two cards from the set:  #1 and #39.  Any (and all) help is appreciated!

60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-28.  Eddie Murray
60YOT-38.  Bo Jackson

I'm not doing quite as well with the 60 Years of Topps set - I still need eight more cards (9, 21, 24, 27, 33, 41, 43, and 47).  Even though I'm missing eight of the cards still, I'm happy with my progress so far!  Between the two largest insert sets from the set, to only be missing nine total is a good accomplishment.

Vintage Reproductions:
CMGR-1.  Babe Ruth

I'm now only missing four of the Vintage Reproduction cards (2, 18, 20, and 28).  This particular card is a reproduction of a 1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth card.  According to the card back, the originals are exceedingly rare (no more than 11 are known to exist)!  That's a pretty cool (and rare) card...and I'm a bit embarrassed that I never heard of the Baltimore News cards before acquiring this card from Jeff...

Jeff also sent a numbered Johnny Bench card my way from a set that is wayyyy out of my price range.  I love it, especially since Bench is one of my all-time favorite players!

Thanks for the cards Jeff!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I'll take a chit against Heritage or Series 2. I found that Bench in either the dollar or quarter box at a recent show. I'm a little hazy on the point after spending way too much time looking for Paul Blair cards from the early 2000s and having a heart attack every third card (Word of advice: Looking for an Orioles uniform with the number 6 is not a good heuristic, when Cal Ripken, Jr. wore number 8.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment