Featured Post

2011 Topps Attax: 60 Card Box at Target

Once again, I found myself in Target - and once again, I had to check out the card aisle.  Ok, I lied...  The only reason I was in Target was to check out the card aisle!  Anyhow, I decided to pick up a few more packs of the Topps Attax cards - as you may recall from my earlier review, I actually like this set quite a bit!

Anyhow, while checking out Target's selection, I spied a box of 2011 Topps Attax that claimed to have 60 cards for the low price of $7.99.  I debated about buying two of them, but instead opted to buy one (to see what it was about) and a couple more rack packs (which turned out to be a wise move).

The $7.99 box does indeed come with 60 cards - a pair of 30 card teams that are ready to go.  It also includes a HUGE playmat (with rules and checklist on the reverse side).  Finally, the box includes a pair of cardboard boxes that are just large enough to hold a 30 card team.  All told, the quality is quite good (the mat in particular is laid out well and include the basic rules on the front of the mat and full rules on the backside).

The downside to the box is the following:  every box contains the same 60 cards (plus a Topps Town card that I assume is random).  The play mat claims the two teams are already balanced and ready for immediate play.  That's great and all, but no where on the actual box does it say that these are pre-made teams...  I came really close to buying two boxes - and I would have been supremely disappointed if I ended up with the exact same 60 cards (which I would have).  Thus, I can recommend buying one of these boxes, but no more (unless you really want a lot of duplicates for some reason).

The box does come with a pair of foil cards (remember all boxes are the same, so these are not at all rare):  Albert Pujols and Derek Jeter.  I don't know what (if anything) these cards go for on eBay and the like, but neither the Pujols or Jeter should go for much at all now that you can guarantee yourself both if you so choose.

Comments

  1. Where are the Red Sox? I thought about buying one of those but resisted. After seeing the checklist I'm really happy I let that one pass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment