Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 Fleer Mystique - Pack 11

At this point, it's probably safe to pick favorites in terms of the group break boxes.  For me, the least favorite is easy:  1993 Upper Deck.  Sure, it's a great set - and yes, most people seem to love the set way more than I ever will, but the packs are huge (which means lots of work for me) and I already have the complete set, so there's not much in the way of a fun "surprise" as I open the packs.  As for the other four boxes, it's a tough call. I enjoy the photography of Stadium Club the most, I enjoy the novelty of the plastic cards in Tek, I like the mystery card gimmick in Mystique, and HoloGrFX is nice and shiny.

I guess I have to see a few more packs before I can make my choice...let's see if this pack of Mystique will sway me one way or the other.

1999 Fleer Mystique:
Pack 11:



33.  Jim Thome - Indians

37.  Will Clark - Orioles

55.  Jason Giambi - Athletics

That's a pretty big pile of "meh" if you ask me.  Let's see what the mystery card is:


137.  Joe Mays - Twins (#ed 0213/2999)

That turned this pack into a pretty good pack!  The Twins get to pick up their second serially numbered card of the break (which ties them with the Blue Jays and Expos for the most so far).  I will note that the corner of this card is bent a bit - it came out of the pack that way (it's bent, but not damaged per se - perhaps a heavy book would straighten it back out).

Comments