Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 Fleer Mystique - Packs 12 and 13 (Yankee Overload)

Edit:  Please see the quick note at the top of this post.  Also, I will now schedule these old posts even more frequently to get them all finished off by the end of today.  There is lots of reading available for you on a Sunday!

----
If everything on my trip went smoothly, I should be back home now (or at least within an hour or so).  I am still writing these posts over a week and half ahead of time though, and I plan to get at least a couple more done so that there will be posts Sunday morning (because I'm sure I'll be sleeping in and recovering).  And yes, since I don't think I said it already, I went to Italy for the last ten days (which is weird to type seeing how I actually haven't left yet).  This forwards/backwards stuff can be confusing.

Anyhow, enough of that.  Let's rip some more packs.  Here's two more to put a nice finishing touch on your Saturday night.

1999 Fleer Mystique:
Packs 12 and 13:

10.  Chuck Knoblauch - Yankees

17.  Andy Petitte - Yankees
30.  Todd Helton - Rockies
34.  Paul O'Neil - Yankees

80.  Greg Vaughn - Reds
96.  David Wells - Blue Jays
Checklist

Sheesh, that was a lot of Yankees!  Normally, it seems like the Yankees are always the best (or close to the best) team in a group break.  This particular break, however, that's not been the case thus far.  In fact, the Yankees are probably in the middle of the road in terms of total cards, and they are close to the bottom in terms of inserts/parallels/serially numbered/hits.  Even so, I never count the Yankees out, there are still plenty of packs to go - and if these two packs are any indication, the Yankees are just getting warmed up.  

Now let's crack open the two mystery cards.

26.  Gold parallel:  Derek Jeter - Yankees 

Hahah, I have awesome timing.  Once again, I swear that I wrote the above paragraph before I tore off the coverings of either shiny card.  I guess the Yankees didn't like me saying they were in the middle of the pack, watch out world!
131.  Eric Chavez - Athletics (#ed 2098/2999)

I love the Athletics in this set because of the elephant logo.  This is also the A's first serially numbered card of the break which means that eight of the 30 teams now has at least one serially numbered card.  Not bad considering the products that were included in this break...and especially not bad considering that we are more or less at 50% break completion right now!

Comments