Featured Post

Group Break #5: 1999 Fleer Mystique - Packs 12 and 13 (Yankee Overload)

Alright, I'm back from my trip and ready to finish off the group break.  It's been a long time, but we are rapidly nearing the end.  Hopefully everyone has enjoyed themselves - the boxes have been good to us, three hits thus far (plus a fourth that I've hinted about a few times).  We got a shoe relic, and hand-numbered auto, and a regular 'ol jersey card.  Not bad at all - and now, let's see what other goodies we can uncover...

1999 Fleer Mystique:
Packs 12 and 13:

10.  Chuck Knoblauch - Yankees


17.  Andy Petitte - Yankees
30.  Todd Helton - Rockies
34.  Paul O'Neil - Yankees


80.  Greg Vaughn - Reds
96.  David Wells - Blue Jays
Checklist


Sheesh, that was a lot of Yankees!  Normally, it seems like the Yankees are always the best (or close to the best) team in a group break.  This particular break, however, that's not been the case thus far.  In fact, the Yankees are probably in the middle of the road in terms of total cards, and they are close to the bottom in terms of inserts/parallels/serially numbered/hits.  Even so, I never count the Yankees out, there are still plenty of packs to go - and if these two packs are any indication, the Yankees are just getting warmed up.  


Now let's crack open the two mystery cards.


26.  Gold parallel:  Derek Jeter - Yankees 


Hahah, I have awesome timing.  Once again, I swear that I wrote the above paragraph before I tore off the coverings of either shiny card.  I guess the Yankees didn't like me saying they were in the middle of the pack, watch out world!
131.  Eric Chavez - Athletics (#ed 2098/2999)


I love the Athletics in this set because of the elephant logo.  This is also the A's first serially numbered card of the break which means that eight of the 30 teams now has at least one serially numbered card.  Not bad considering the products that were included in this break...and especially not bad considering that we are more or less at 50% break completion right now!

Comments