Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 1 - Pack 2

I'm excited to be busting the box - so excited, in fact, that it's time for a second pack tonight.

PS:  I plan to rip the two boxes as quickly as I can and get all the cards packaged up and mailed out well before the actual individual pack posts are finished on my blog (gotta love automatic scheduling).  In that way, group break participants will still have a bit of "surprise" when they open their mail, but everyone will get to see all the box contents before all is said and done.  Enough chat though, let's get to the second pack:

Box 1 - Pack 2:
16.  Chris Carpenter - Cardinals

It almost looks ike a circus tent in the backgroun (check out the right hand side).  I imagine it is actually seating at a small baseball stadium, but it'd be much cooler (and on theme) if it were a tent instead!
54.  Frank Thomas - White Sox
154.  Dan Uggla - Braves
174.  Reggie Jackson - Yankees
184.  Gerardo Parra - Diamondbacks

Remember last pack when I said that the Sports Jerks didn't get any cards despite claiming six teams? Well, that has already changed...and there is about to be a second card for the Sports Jerks' pile!
200.  John Lackey - Red Sox
233.  Yunesky Maya - Nationals

Much like Ginter, I'm not sure the rookie cards really have a place in the set.  I guess they add a little variety, but I don't care for the rookie logo - it really disrupts the flow of the set!
300.  Franklin Gutierrez - Mariners
Regular mini:
129.  Aaron Hill - Blue Jays
I'm writing this post before the first Gypsy Queen pack went live, so at the moment I have no idea if someone claimed the four remaining teams or not.  If someone did, this mini card will be going to them.  If not, I already have an insert of Nolan Ryan and now a mini card of Aaron Hill for my own collection...maybe that will teach people not to leave teams unclaimed in my group breaks!
Future Stars:
FS1.  Brian Matusz - Orioles

Two packs in, so far so good.  As I mentioned awhile back, I fully expect there to be only one autograph in each of the boxes (that seems to be the trend).  As such, I will put all the teams that don't get a hit in a randomized drawing and draw team.  Whichever team I draw will get the first UPC code.  I'll then remove that team from the drawing and do a second drawing for the second UPC code.  That seemed to be what most people wanted when I asked the questions a few days ago - and it's certainly the easiest for me!  All that said, maybe we will get lucky and actually have both our autographs in the box...that'd be the best option!

Comments