Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Break: Box 2 - Packs 18 - 24

I think it's safe to say that this group break has dragged on long enough.  I got a bit impatient and opened up the last seven packs and thus, I can confirm that we were indeed shorted an autograph in both boxes.  Thus, I will br randoming off four "cards" - the two Gypsy Queen ladies and the two UPC codes which are essentially "mystery autographs".

Before I get to the randoming off portion, we still have one more hit to uncover.  Let's get to it!  At this point, I think we've seen almost all of the base cards, so I'll just list the minis and any inserts.  Also, by the time you read this post, all Gypsy Queen packages should be in the mail (and in fact, some of you who live close to Pennsylvania may already have your package in hand)!

Pack 18:
Gypsy Queen mini short print:
326.  Chase Utley - Phillies
Base short print:
316.  Lou Gehrig - Yankees


Pack 19:
Regular mini:
12.  Ryan Howard - Phillies
Future Stars:
FS13.  Stephen Strasburg - Nationals
Autograph:
GQA-JJ.  Josh Johnson - Marlins
Well, that's a nice autograph - though for the group break I would have preferred a different team gotten a hit (since we already pulled a Josh Johnson relic from box one)!  Even so, it's hard to complain too much, and in fact, I bet Wicked is quite happy with his haul from the group break!


Pack 20:
Regular mini:
271.  John Danks - White Sox
The Great Ones:
GO21.  Thurmon Munson - Yankees
Framed Paper - Bronze:
77.  Hunter Pence - Astros (#ed 080/999)

Pack 21:
Regular back mini:
207.  Kyle Drabek - Blue Jays
Home Run Heroes:
HH24.  Rogers Hornsby - Cardinals

Pack 22:
Base short print:
311.  Hisanori Takahashi - Angels
Black bordered mini:
197.  Colby Rasmus - Cardinals

Pack 23:
Regular mini:
36.  Vladimir Guerrero - Orioles
Future Stars:
FS8.  Jason Heyward - Braves

Pack 24:
Gypsy Queen mini:
300.  Franklin Gutierrez - Mariners
The Great Ones:
GO3.  Bob Gibson
Framed Paper - Bronze:
19.  Jon Lester - Red Sox (#ed 921/999)

And with that, the packs are all opened.  There's only one thing left to open, the little 10 mini card box topper:
Here are the minis:
10.  Jason Heyward - Braves
28.  Tony Gwynn - Padres  (This one might be a parallel, it's slightly lighter in color)
31.  Joe Mauer - Twins
104.  Lucas Duda - Mets
144.  Jon Niese - Mets
208.  Mike Stanton - Marlins
262.  Marco Scutaro - Red Sox
The Great Ones mini:
GO19.  Rogers Hornsby - Cardinals
Home Run Heroes mini:
HH6.  Ryan Howard - Phillies
Future Stars mini:
FS17.  Clay Buchholz - Red Sox

And now, let's random off the final four "hits" - the two UPC codes and two Gypsy Queen cards:

In order to do this as fairly as possible, I'm going to random the cards amongst all eligible teams.  For the UPC Codes, the non-eligible teams are:
Dodgers
Orioles
Marlins
Athletics
Cardinals
Each of the above five teams scored either an autograph or a relic (or in the case of the Marlins, both).  Next, I eliminated the Giants and the Twins since they each got a rare numbered mini card (one to 99, the other to 10).
That leaves us with the following teams:
Diamondbacks
Cubs
Rockies
Pirates
Nationals
Braves
Rays
Rangers
Brewers
Mets
Tigers
Red Sox
White Sox
Indians
Yankees
Phillies
Padres
Mariners
Reds
Blue Jays
Astros
Royals
Angels

You'll notice I put the Reds on there since I didn't get any hits in the break.  However, as I am going to use screenshots for random.org (since I don't have any way to video it), IF the Reds get selected for a prize, I will cede my prize to whichever team had the "worst luck" in my opinion.  Currently, that team is clearly the Indians (they only had four base cards in the break).  However, if the Indians end up with a card before the Reds are drawn (if they are drawn at all), I'll choose the next worst team of the break, etc.

I then entered the names into random.org:

And hit randomize three times:
First randomize:

Second randomize:

Third randomize:

And then the taking the first two names in the list, we get the two winners of the UPC codes for autos:

Reds and Braves!

Now, I wouldn't you know it!  I finally "win" something and I just wrote that I would cede my prize!  Oh well, I got the fun of opening the packs - I'd rather the group break participants get the fun of the auto redemption process.  Congrats to Derek H. (Braves) and Baseball Dad (Indians) for the UPC autos. You can find the redemption details all over the internet, so I won't post them again here.

Now that the two big hits are out of the way, it's time to random off the Gypsy Queen ladies.  In order to spread the group break love around even more, I'm going to eliminate all the teams that have either:
an auto (or redemption)
a relic
a serially-numbered mini card
a serially-numbered framed card
a short print regular mini (which are box hits)
a short print gypsy queen mini (which also appeared one per box)

Doing so, leaves me with the following teams eligible to win one of the two Gypsy women:
Cubs
Rockies
Pirates
Nationals
Brewers
Mets
Tigers
White Sox
Yankees
Padres
Mariners
Reds
Blue Jays
Royals
Angels

Once again, if the Reds (my team) is selected, I'll choose the "least lucky" of the above teams to receive the prize.

Back to random.org to enter the new list:

And randomize three times:
Once:

Twice:

Thrice:

And congrats to the two winners of the Gypsy Queens:  the Royals and Mariners. The first team (Royals) gets the first Gypsy Queen (in numerical order according to the card back).

Finally, the Gypsy Queen group break is completed!  I will remind you, however, that I have a different group break that is about to begin - and it's five different boxes (assuming the break fills up) - and it should be lots of fun!  Check out the sign-up post here and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. Thanks for running a smooth break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Break. Too bad the Cubs didn't represent for me. Did you see my jackie robinson relic from gypsy queen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the cards yesterday, thanks for the auto!(and the other Tribe cards) I'll let you know what I get.I let Topps know I was not very happy about the team collation so maybe they'll sent me a Tribe auto !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment