Featured Post

The 2011 Ginter Code

Like most things involved with 2011 Ginter, I've become disenchanted with the Ginter code.  I'm not sure how you are supposed to end up with 350 different code cards (seeded roughly 3 per box) PLUS at least 31 different decipher keys (seeded 1 per case) (there may be more, but that's what I counted based on the card scans I had).

I made a nice little spreadsheet which has all of my information on it - each code card that I have a scan of is logged along with the corner designs.  Heck, I even have it so you can easily search for a specific combination for the entire side of a card.  All that work though, and in the end I realized that I basically had about 70 code card scans (and that was with quite a bit of trading).  I also ended up with only nine of the decipher keys so even if I did track down all 350 code cards I'd still be S.O.L.

If anyone would like all my hard work email to them, let me know and I can do that.  All I ask for in return is whatever you think is fair - some cards off my want list would be ideal but I won't demand anything outright.

I guess unless Topps fixes the no rip cards in two cases issue that I had this year, I'm pretty much over Ginter...which is a shame since it's been my favorite set every year since 2007.

Comments

  1. It's a tough undertaking. I guess that's why if you solve the thing they put your face on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they made it a tad more difficult this year due to trying to prevent it being solved within the first week of release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, the CODE should be the challenge, not the task of collecting a full parallel base set. I can assure anyone that hasn't bother with the code that just collecting the 350 code cards is only the start. The decipher keys, if you haven't seen the backs yet, are confusing on their own right. Throw in the fact that there is bound to be at least one more layer - which I have my guesses on but nothing solid to go forward with - and you've got a code that simply requires wayyyy too much acquisition. I'm all for challening codes, that's cool. But I'm not cool with fetch quests - to borrow old video game terminology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the clover parallel set has ANYTHING to do with the code. A LARGE distraction included in this years code wouldnt be a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with ryan, there's is a distraction ( don't necessarily know if that is it though ). I don't see how the backs of the decipher keys deal connect with the parallel code cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you email me your work? I have a theory and I think it has a 99.9 % chance of being right. I do not have any of your want cards, but if I am right, we can split the prize 50/50 otherwise work something else out. My email is peter.denardo@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment