Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 109: 1997 Metal Universe - #47

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Set:  Metal Universe
Card number:  47

Long before Topps put dinosaurs in baseball cards, the Metal Universe set featured baseball players snatching dinosaur eggs from shiny, metallic nests.

Normally, I'd try to describe the front and back of each Larkin card in my collection (as if the scan wasn't good enough), but in this instance, there really is no way for me to use words to describe the front of the majority of Metal Universe cards.

I can, however, describe the back in a single word:  machine-like.  Oh sure, it's a hyphenated word, but that still counts as one word!   I wouldn't want all of my baseball cards to look like this, but a few really crazy sets every now and then are actually kind of fun.  I think that's been the biggest casualty of the Topps monopoly, there isn't much in the way of "out there" sets.

Comments