Featured Post

Buying Something to Make Me Happy!

Allen & Ginter - Just the Hits (Part 3)

I already showed off cards from my case that have made their way to eBay and a bunch of relics, autos, and a silk that I plan on keeping (or trading for other cards I want).  It's now time to show off some of the minis that I got - all parts of sets that I definitely aim to complete this year - as well as the box toppers!

Speaking of box toppers, let's start there:

Cabinet Card:
NCCB1.  Brooklyn Bridge

N43:
N43-HP. Hunter Pence
N43-HR.  Hanley Ramirez
N43-JU.  Justin Upton
N43-NM.  Nick Markakis
N43-PF.  Prince Fielder

Considering that Cabinet cards odds are 1:2 boxes and N43 odds are 1:3 boxes, I really crushed the odds on those boxes!  Of course, I think I actually like the Cabinet cards quite a bit more than the N43 cards...so maybe I didn't get so lucky!

Monsters of the Mesozoic:
MM2.  Triceratops
MM3.  Stegosaurus
MM5.  Allosaurus
MM8.  Ankylsaurus
MM12.  Iguanodon
MM13.  Pachycephalosaurus
MM15.  Protoceratops
MM20.  Oviraptor
MM22.  Protarchaeopteryx
MM24.  Carnotaurus
MM25.  Giganotosaurus

The Monsters of the Mesozoic are easily my favorite insert cards of the set this year!  As soon as I saw them on the checklist, I knew I was going to be buying a lot of Allen & Ginter!  I'm obviously quite happy with the number of dinosaurs that I pulled - hopefully with the help of my new case (arriving today if all goes well) I'll be able to polish this set off!

The World's Wordsmiths:WGWS4.  Miguel De Cervantes
WGWS6.  Victor Hugo
WGWS8.  John Milton
WGWS10.  Edgar Allen Poe
WGWS11.  Marcus Aurelius

This set is the least appealing to me since I'm a math guy...but I hope that next year there is a set of World's Greatest Mathematicians (or at least World's Greatest Scientists).

Sailors of the Seven Seas:
SSS1.  Christopher Columbus
SSS2.  Sir Francis Drake
SSS3.  Sir Walter Raleigh (damaged card but I missed this one when I sent the rest of the cards to Topps for replacements)
SSS4.  Vasco Nunez de Balboa
SSS5.  Francisco Vasquez de Coronado

Another gorgeous mini set, the Sailors cards seem extra vibrant considering how blase many of the cards are in this year's edition of A&G.  I nabbed the first five sailors in the set, but I'll be actively looking for a replacement for Sir Raleigh since his card is badly dinged.  Stupid Topps quality control - I already had to send back about 30 cards or so (plus wrappers and boxes in an effort to reclaim the missing rip card and hit).

Lords of Olympus:
LO1.  Zeus
LO10.  Gaea
LO12.  Cronos
LO14.  Phoebe
LO15.  Demeter
LO18.  Eros
LO20.  Thanatos
LO21.  Pan
LO22.  Nemesis
LO24.  The Muses

Another great set - especially since I visited Greece last year and got to learn all about many of the Gods and Goddesses featured in the set.  After the dinos, this is the next mini set that I'll focus on heavily.

In addition to the above minis, I also got a handful of the National Animal minis plus the usual assortment of regular back, ad back, and black bordered minis that Allen & Ginter is known for.

Comments

  1. We need to talk about the Pence N43. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ilioke this blog and its very interesting live tv.
    ejaz14357.
    www.livetv.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment