Featured Post

Review Week: A New Canvas Print!

Just in case you thought Review Week was going to be nothing but a new spin on standard posts, I'm here with the first (or at least two) sponsored product reviews.  Today's review is a canvas print from Easy Canvas Prints.

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to order one canvas print for a review on my blog.  As you can see from that link, I was really happy with the outcome.  In fact, I used the opportunity to have a large photo of my grandfather and I (when I was real little) blown up and put on canvas.  At the risk of getting too personal, my grandfather was one of my heroes (and one of the most talented and interesting people I've ever had the chance to talk to).

Flash forward to last month, and once again, I was given the option to review another canvas print from Easy Canvas Prints.  However, the latest print has to be a much smaller size (probably in order to have a different type of product to review in that certain photos look better larger or smaller, etc.)  Anyhow, I opted to go away from a truly personal photo this time around and instead I ordered a print for my office at work.

I've probably mentioned it on my blog before, but I had the opportunity to visit Greece a few years ago.  Ever since then, I've been dying to go back - I loved almost everything about the country (the Greece economy would qualify as something that I don't currently love).  In fact, I was on a day-long island cruise when I bought my first (and last - so far) piece of art...and hand drawn painting of one of the Greek islands.  It turned out the artist on the boat was actually from Greece, but he had visited the United States one time to go biking (weird?!) and ended up less than 15 miles from my house.  However, that's a story for a different day.  The motivation, however, for my canvas choice was the hand drawn painting...  My office is slowly getting a Greek island theme!

After placing my order for the new print on the website (a process that was both easy and painless), I filled out the necessary information and waited.  A few short days later, and I had a box show up on my doorstep!

Don't worry, the box wasn't opened when it arrived!




There's really not much better than getting a fun package in the mail...
 Last time, the print was wrapped in clear plastic.  This time, the print arrived wrapped in brown paper.  I think I prefer the brown paper (especially if you were to order a print as a gift and have it delivered directly to the recipient).  There is a bit more suspense this way when you can quite see what's underneath all the paper!
 And there was a lot of paper to unwrap!  At this point, you can see the print was also wrapped in plastic to keep it nice.  Now I know that I prefer this packing method!
  There's my print - still in the plastic.
 And with the plastic removed!
 Finally, I tried to scan the actual print so you could see the canvas texture.  I think the print looks great - and it's currently hanging in my office (which makes my office much more of a vacation destination now right)?
Last time I reviewed a Canvas Print, I gave the site a 98/100.  I think the addition of the brown wrapping paper (along with the plastic) and extremely quick shipping time - plus a fully functioning website, is plenty to boost the grade to an extremely rare perfect score!

Bottom line:  100/100

Side note:  You'll find that I have a "preferred blogger" button from Build-a-Sign on my blog's sidebar.  That's the same company that owns Easy Canvas Prints - so take a look at either website, from my experiences it seems obvious that you won't be disappointed in their products!

Finally, should any other company wish to have their product(s) reviewed on my blog - please contact me with information.  You can find my email in my profile.  All products should have some sort of tie-in to my blog's theme, even if it is a bit esoteric.  (I.E. I have no interest in reviewing baby diapers or cat food for instance.)

Comments

  1. I love the print. I've thought about getting my photography made into something more than just normal prints but it ain't happening soon.

    I'd like to say, for the record, that I would not discriminate against anyone who wants to send me free stuff. I can see an interesting review involving both cat food and diapers at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment