Featured Post

Delivery Time! Mail Cheers Me Up!

I've been trying (albeit mostly unsuccessfully) to not talk (i.e. complain) about my attempt at going back to graduate school after five years of no high-level mathematics.  And, admittedly, I haven't fully succeeded in not complaining...I happened to notice that my number of followers has dropped (by one) over the last week, perhaps a few too many uninspired posts turned someone away from my blog.  Well, so be it because some days all I want to do is come home and complain.

However, there are other days where graduate school isn't so bad...and my 1 hour 40 minute drive to school, followed by my 2 hour and 30 minute drive to work, followed by my 50 minute drive home in a single day goes well...and it's days like that where my mood improves considerably.  Heck, it's days like that that continue to convince me that I can succeed - and that while I am crazy, I'm not stupid.

Even better, some days I get mail (well, I get mail most days but it is usually bills or unsolicited credit card applications)...it's the days where I see a yellow envelope waiting on the counter for me that make my day complete - and today is one such day!

Potch, from Indianaland Picture Cards, sent me a package full of goodies from my want list in exchange for a few of the Topps Lineage '75 minis that I've offered up for trade over the last few weeks.

Here are a few of the goodies that I ended up with:

Topps Diamond:
Jordan Schafer

I'm still slogging away at the diamond parallel set.  I guess I should have known that while many people bought crap-tons of Series 1, the interest in Series 2 would be much lower (which, by extension, means that the number of available diamond parallels for trade would be much lower).  As such, I'm happy whenever I get even one sparkly card, as in this trade!

Gypsy Queen:

Potch sent me a few different base cards, but I have to give the nod to my favorite - the one of Bronson Arroyo.  Somehow, I'm missing a huge batch of Gypsy Queen base cards - and even more surprising is that I was still missing a Reds card (esp. since I participated in two different GQ breaks where I had the Reds)!

The final card to show off is another Red from Gypsy Queen...

The Great Ones:
Frank Robinson

I'm always happy to see Frank Robinson (as a Red) on a baseball card - and even more happy when that card is one of mine.  Now I can say that this is:  mine, mine, mine.

Thanks for the trade Potch!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments