Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Autograph Week: My Personal Collection - Part 1

As all of you probably know, I'm a set collector first, a Barry Larkin collector second, and then a Reds team collector third.  As such, I don't often chase down Reds autographs - and of the ones that I have either traded for or landed in packs, most of them are - to put it nicely - uninspiring.  Ultimately, a quick look at some of the Reds autographs in my collection shows just how pathetic the Reds have been over the last decade (except for last year of course).

For part 1, let's take a look at some of my Reds autographs that are nothing more than autographed stickers stuck on cards...

Brandon Claussen:

The Claussen card is from 2006.  There's not much to say about this one, it's a decent design (for a sticker card), but ultimately sort of plain.  This wouldn't be a set that I'd ever try to collect - and that's usually the main way I judge my cards!

Jacob Cruz:

A 2005 Donruss card - and a perfect example of why I avoided Donruss ever since the mid-90s.  I hate the silver sticker, not to mention the ugly stamp in the middle of it (that doesn't show up well in the scan).  The design is lazy, and the worst part?  I have no idea who Jacob Cruz is.

Dewayne Wise:

From the 2007 Artifacts set, this is a nice little autograph card.  I'd love to get more of these - and I think a full collection of the set would look nice in a binder.  Easily the best of the first three autographs!

Gary Redus:

This is a Tri*Star autograph of Gary Redus.  It is numbered 008/200 on the back which adds a bit of value I suppose.  I happen to like this card quite a bit, it sort of reminds me of 1992 Topps in terms of card stock - and I liked that set quite a bit.

Ryan Wagner:

Another Donruss card, another ugly stamp, and another ugly design.  As a Reds fan, I had high hopes for Wagner but he never amounted to much as a Red...well, nothing other than a key part in the infamous trade that landed the Reds a bunch of broken relievers from the Washington Nationals.  If this were 2005, this particular card would probably have quite a bit of value though, Wagner was a hyped rookie - and this card happens to be numbered 083/100!

And there's a sampling of my Reds autograph collection (sticker autos only).  As you can see, there's not much in the way of star power or great design there...  I can say that the second part of my collection is a bit better!

Comments

  1. The Gary Redus card is nice. I'm an Obak fan in general. If only they were on cards... I like that Gary included his middle initial (E for Eugene. At least I think he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Keppinger 2008 Timeline auto for trade, if you have any interest in adding another unimpressive sticker auto to your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment