Featured Post

Delivery Time! Some Decade Old Shiny Cards for Me!

A few weeks ago, blog reader John contacted me saying he has a few of the 2001 Topps Gold Label cards that I needed.  He wasn't looking to trade per se, but rather to just get enough cash to cover his shipping costs (plus a bit of profit).  I promptly sent him a few bucks and in return, he knocked seven cards off my 2001 Topps Gold Label want list!

Here are the cards in all their shiny glory - along with a one sentence description of what I thought the first time I looked at each card.

7.  Antonio Alfonseca - The ball almost looks photoshopped into the picture.

21.  Chipper Jones - Chipper looks like he was holding his breath during that at bat.

35.  Garret Anderson - For some reason, I always want to put two "t"s on Garret's first name.

60.  Juan Gonzalez - I always forget that Juan Gonzalez was an Indian...Cleveland sure had a lot of good players (albeit not for very long).

69.  Steve Finley - Diamondback cards would have been more exciting back in 2001...

72.  Mark McGwire - This is the image that I would have preferred to remember McGwire by...rather than his mumbling, bumbling, pathetic showing in front of Congress.

and a serially-numbered rookie short print:

92.  Rick Brosseau - Most of the rookies in the set are complete crap - which is good for me since I'm trying to collect them all!

Thanks to John, I have the entire 100 card non-short printed set complete.  All that is left is to track down the 13 remaining serially numbered rookie cards that are skip numbered throughout the Gold Label set (which is super annoying)!  Here are the rookies that I am still missing:
 Topps Gold Label: (All are serially numbered out of 999): 19, 41, 61, 62, 93, 97, 106, 108, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Any help is appreciated!  Thanks for the cards John!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments