Featured Post

Tier One Group Break: Tier 1 Box #2

I opened up the first box yesterday.  It's time to see what's in the second box right now!  Remember, each box is only 1 pack...but at least the packs are loaded with three hits!

Topps Tier One:
Box #2:


Base:
75.  Robinson Cano - Yankees (#215/799)
88.  Reggie Jackson - Athletics (#532/799)
47.  Duke Snider - Dodgers (#149/799)

Base Parallel:
50.  Walter Johnson - Nationals (#068/199)

Edit:  Normally I'd put a Walter Johnson card in the Washington Nationals pile, but since I have the Nationals I'll put this in the Twins pile since I believe (thanks to Steve) that Johnson played for the Nationals that ended up turning into the Twins...  If that's incorrect (or if you think that Johnson should go into the Nationals pile since it says Washington) let me know.

Crowd Pleaser Autograph: 
CP- ES.  Ervin Santana - Angels (#524/549)


On the Rise Autograph:
Eric Thames - Blue Jays (#061/999)

Top Shelf Relic:
TSR36.  Mickey Mantle - Yankees (#387/399)

How about that?  That's the first ever Mickey Mantle relic that I've pulled - not bad at all!  A similar Mantle just sold on eBay for about $46.00, not bad considering we are only two boxes into the break!

And now, a final question:  Do you prefer the videos for these boxes or the card scans?  Personally, I find it a lot quicker (and easier) to post scans rather than doing a video and then uploading it but I'm open to either option for this break.  I'll definitely be scanning only the highlights from the Ginter box - most of us have probably seen enough of the base cards to know what they look like (but all the base will be included in the break since I already have the full base set myself, including short prints)!
 

Comments

  1. Sweet!! 2 for 2 on the hits. Keep 'em coming.

    I like the videos for the suspense and reveal of the cards, but if scan and post is easier for you then do that. No sense in making more work for yourself, you've done enough with offering the break and mailing stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is not a part of the break let me offer an unbiased opinion on the Walter Johnson card (and possibly other cards that will come up in this break). The Washington Senators franchise that Johnson played for moved to Minnesota for the 1961 season and were renamed the Twins so the card should go to whoever had the Twins in the break. Assigning it to the Nationals because it says "Washington" on the card would be akin to giving the Duke Snider card to the Mets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angels are on the board! Wooohooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice yankee cards! i am fine with either video or scans. thanks, jeroen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer scans - and lets get the Phils some runs here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scans are cool with me. Now pull me some Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not that I'm in on this break, but I agree with Deal. I prefer the scans, and lets get the Phils some runs here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment