Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 115: 2011 Topps Tier One - #81 #152/199

Barry Larkin
Year:  2011
Brand:  Topps Tier One
Card number:  81   #ed 152/199

The 2011 Topps Tier one set came in a variety of parallels.  All the parallels (along with the regular base cards) were serially numbered.  The blue parallels were all numbered out of 199 - my particular Larkin card is number 152 out of 199.  If this were eBay, I suppose I could claim this is some sort of super awesome card since 152 equals the number of games that Larkin played in 1996 - the year he became the first shortstop to join the 30/30 club!

As for the card design, it's basically the same as the regular base card (see the above link for my post on that) except for having a blue border.  I think the white bordered base cards look a bit classier but the blue borders do seem to be a bit more "high end" for some reason.  I think this particular card would look really nice in a red parallel, but alas, I have no such card currently.

Comments