Featured Post

PWE Week: How to be a Hero to Another Blogger (Plus Greece!)

One of the great things about blogging is all the trading that I get to do.  However, despite all that trading it's still a monumental day whenever I get to finally cross that last card off of a specific set want list.

While you may imagine that the only way for something like that to happen is for someone to send me a burgeoning package of cards, I am here to assure you that a little, innocuous plain white envelope can also deliver that exhilarating experience.

*My apologies for the SAT word laden sentence.  I'm a math guy so it's safe to say sentences with that many syllables are few and far between.

Blog reader Adam (still no blog as far as my records show) sent me three cards that completed two different sets!

First up, the last two 2009 UD Spectrum cards that I needed for the set.

I distinctly remember buying a couple of blasters of UD Spectrum and then once I realized it was only a 100 card set figuring I might as well complete the set via trades.  Who was I to know that the rest of you were smart enough to not bother buying much of this purple foil board set?  No matter, now I am the proud owner of the complete set - even if 100 cards in a set still bugs me since I have to "waste" an entire 9-pocket page for a single page.

Finally, Adam managed to knock off one of my 2009 Allen & Ginter insert sets as well - this one being the National Heroes set.

I have two observations about Mr. Feraios.

First, what a pudgy face.  Looks like he ate a few too many olives and drank a bit too much Ouzo.

Second, I freaking love Greece.  I was there once and I can't wait to go back.  I'm seriously considering putting together a travel class "History of Math" for my college students just so I have an excuse to get there sooner rather than later.  

 Here are a few of the memories from my trip to Greece back in 2009.
Downtown Athens Olympic Stadium
The Parthenon

Greek island of Poros
Greek island of Poros (again)
Theatre of Epidarus
 Thanks for the cards Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. You are very welcome, glad to knock a couple sets off your want list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. History of Math is a great idea! You really need to get on that, and I should consider going back to school to take that course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment