Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

1997 Sports Illustrated: Packs 6, 7, and 8

If you missed my recent Topps 2011 Trade Bait post, be sure to check that out...then come back and see what was in the next three packs out of the Sports Illustrated box!

Pack 6:
19.  Dante Powell - Fresh Faces
50. Dave Nilsson - Inside Baseball

89.  Bernard Gilkey
94.  Sammy Sosa
104.  Ray Lankford
Mini poster:  Deion Sanders

The Deion poster is a duplicate (already!) so that's a bit disappointing.  I suppose if I have to get a double it might as well be of a Red...but I don't really try to collect Deion cards so I'll put this poster up for trade.  As for Nilsson, am I the only one who didn't know he was called the "Thunder from Down Under"?  That's freakin' awesome.

Pack 7:
32.  Kevin Brown - Season Highlight
62.  Derek Jeter - S.I.ber Vision
143.  David Justice
155.  Jeff King
Checklist
Mini Poster:
Chipper Jones

What can I say about the poster - it's plenty goofy!  I bet there were kids back in '97 that hung it up on the wall though.

Pack 8:
13.  Andruw Jones - Fresh Faces
44.  Marquis Grissom - Inside Baseball
99.  Barry Larkin

125.  Mike Mussina
168.  Mark McGwire
Mini Poster:
Greg Maddux

 Woooooo!  Another new Larkin card for me, that makes me a happy guy!  I don't even care that two of three packs had a freakin' Brave poster (and the third poster was a duplicate)...

Comments