Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Don't eBay While Angry

The other day there was a lot of Barry Larkin cards (including four relics) on eBay for a rather low total.  I put in a bid on the lot and promptly forgot about it.  A few days later, I get the usual eBay email reminder that an auction I've put on my watch list (the Larkin lot) was about to end.

Looking at the auction page, I saw that I was the only bidder thus far so I didn't up my bid.  Stupid move.

Flash forward a few hours and I've lost the auction.  Even worse, the auction ended while I was in the shower - stupid me!  In a fit of relative anger, I did a quick search for other Larkin lots, found one with a picture showing at least a couple of new Larkin cards that I didn't own and put in a much too high bid just so I wouldn't lose out again.

Yesterday, my lot of Larkins arrived in the mail.

Luckily for me, it turned out that my money was well spent - there were probably 9 out of the 30 that I'm 99% certain that I didn't own before.  Given the size of my collection, that's impressive considering no cards were listed in the actual auction listing.

It sure would have been nice to have landed the Larkin relics - my collection is sorely lacking in that department, but at least I did get to add some base cards, inserts, and parallels.  You'll see all of the cards eventually as part of my Barry Larkin Collection...until then, enjoy the preview scans.

*yes, the four cards I've scanned I'm fairly certain are new to my collection.  I'm woefully behind on posting updates to my Larkin Collection...and I'm almost as far behind in my scanning of my Larkin cards.  Right now, I have a stack of about 300 Larkins that I need to sort through (unfortuately, I know that many of them are doubles so it isn't as impressive as it sounds).

Comments

  1. That Ultra card is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. Anyone need a 2010 Bowman Chrome Salvador Perez? I've got ten.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment