Featured Post

Delivery Time: Cardboard Junkie Junk - Part 1 (Plus a Contest!)

Wayyyy back in January, the great Cardboard Junkie requested that his readers send him their blank "dummy" cards so that he could practice his artistic talents on baseball pack cardboard.  He promised that he'd send junk back to anyone that acquiesced to his request...and he promised a sketch card.

Well, he actually sent my package off quite quickly - something that he apparently hasn't been doing lately since he's posting stupid Mets cards every day as self-inflicted punishment for not mailing quicker.  I suppose I should have posted Cardinal cards each day from January 'til now since I was so slow in posting the stuff he sent my way.  Good thing I don't play that way - who'd want to look at Cardinals cards all day, yee-uck.

First things first, here's a preview of the junk Dayf sent my way:

Over the next few days, I'll be sorting the pile of stuff - some I'll keep, some I'll add to various trade stacks, and some will burn nicely in case this cold snap doesn't go away in a hurry.  All things considered, it's a nice package!

Here's the contest:

As I said, over the next few days, I'll be revealing a bunch of the cards that Dayf sent my way.  It was actually a lot of fun sorting through the "bag of crap" as he called it - so much so that I decided to turn it into a contest.  It's an easy contest - and since it was so long ago when Dayf sent the stuff to me he can enter too.  All you have to do is answer the following questions - you get 0 points for getting a question exactly correct and then 1 point for each number that you off (i.e. if the answer is 7 and you guess 3, you'd score 4 points since 7-3 = 4).  Obviously, the lowest total wins.  Use the picture at the top to help you - all I did was dump the cards onto my desk - no specific care was taken to show (or hide) anything.  You must answer all 5 questions to be eligible.

Based only on the package that Dayf sent me:

1.  How many Barry Larkin cards were in the package?
2.  How many (non-Larkin) cards were in the package that were on my want list?
3.  How many Reds were in the package?
4.  How many non-baseball cards were in the package (hint:  that includes the sketch card that Dayf made and any other "junk" cards)?
5.  What was the year of the oldest card in the package?

Good luck - I'll accept entries though 8:00 AM EST on Wednesday, March 28.  Please answer in the comments - any ties go to the first who responded via comments.

What's the prize you ask?  I offer two things.  If you have a respectable winning score, I'll try and find some stuff from your want list (if you have one posted) or else send you stuff from your favorite team.  If you win but have a really sucky score, you might just end up with a pile of so-called "junk" like I did and then you can hold your own contest if you'd like.  Good luck!

Comments

  1. I'll give it a shot.

    1. 6 cards
    2. 5 cards
    3. 18 cards
    4. 2 cards
    5. 1981

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. 3 cards
    2. 10 cards
    3. 25 cards
    4. 4 cards
    5. 1975

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. How many Barry Larkin cards were in the package? 7
    2. How many (non-Larkin) cards were in the package that were on my want list? 29
    3. How many Reds were in the package? 56
    4. How many non-baseball cards were in the package (hint: that includes the sketch card that Dayf made and any other "junk" cards)? 6
    5. What was the year of the oldest card in the package? 1970

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. How many Barry Larkin cards were in the package?9
    2. How many (non-Larkin) cards were in the package that were on my want list?120
    3. How many Reds were in the package?60
    4. How many non-baseball cards were in the package (hint: that includes the sketch card that Dayf made and any other "junk" cards)?30
    5. What was the year of the oldest card in the package?1977

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. How many Barry Larkin cards were in the package? 5
    2. How many (non-Larkin) cards were in the package that were on my want list? 10
    3. How many Reds were in the package? 39
    4. How many non-baseball cards were in the package (hint: that includes the sketch card that Dayf made and any other "junk" cards)? 13
    5. What was the year of the oldest card in the package? 1976

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment