Featured Post

Group Break Preview: I Forgot a Box!

It was brought to my attention that I didn't preview the fifth and final box from the group break...so I guess I will do that now.  I highly doubt I'll get anyone else to sign-up (which makes me sad by the way) but what can I do?  The break closes for real tonight.  I will be assigning the random teams and then we will be off and running starting tomorrow.

For now though, here's a pack out of the 1998 Flair Showcase box - the only box that I didn't yet highlight.  Be sure to check my archives to find some of the stuff we've already opened - who knows, you might want to jump in on a team just for fun!

1998 Flair Showcase:
Pack 1: 

20.  Flair - Showtime:  Scott Rolen - Phillies

41.  Style - Showtime:  Mike Cameron - White Sox

41.  Flair - Showstopper:  Mike Cameron - White Sox

103.  Grace - Showstopper:  Edgar Martinez - Mariners
The scan doesn't capture how shiny this card is!

115.   Style - Showdown:  Moises Alou - Astros

5 Diamond Points:  Scott Rolen - Phillies
495 more points and you get a Scott Rolen auto (if you go back in time).

As you can see, the Flair set is loaded with parallels.  In order of rarity, Flair is the most common, then Style, then Grace, and finally Showcase.  Within each of the four subsets, there are four classes:  most common is Showtime, then Showstopper, then Showdown, and finally, the rarest is Showpiece.  For example, the Edgar card is a Grace Showstopper and thus is seeded 1:10 packs while the Mike Cameron Style Showtime is seeded 1:2.5 packs.

The box ought to be a lot of fun just because of the inserts - and although  there weren't any in this pack, the Showcase parallel set is all serially numbered (Showtime to 2000, Showstopper to 1000, Showdown to 500, and finally Showpiece to 250).  

Comments