Featured Post

Group Break Sign-Ups and Sports Ilustrated: Packs 15, 16, and 17

A quick reminder that my newest Group Break has open sign-ups happening right now.  As of the time I am writing this post, there are still 16 teams remaining including the Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets, Twins, and Mariners (just to name a few)!

---


Now that you've checked out my group break, it's time for another three packs out of the 1997 Sports Illustrated box.  I think my wife sometimes thinks that buying me cards is a waste because once you open them you are done.  I tried to explain that thanks to my blog, I get to post pack-by-pack (if I feel like it), hopefully complete some trades, and then (finally) catalog the full set if I get that far.  In fact, you might say baseball cards are the gift that keep on giving!

Pack 15:
30.  Roger Clemens - Season Highlights
58.  Tony Clark - S.I.ber Vision
141.  John Valentin
153.  Jose Valentin
179.  Derek Jeter & Alex Rodriguez - Covers

 Mini Poster:
Roberto Alomar

I think that Covers subset card of Jeter and A-Rod would make for a really fun picture caption contest.   If only I had some sort of prize to make that worthwhile for people to enter...maybe my eternal respect?

Pack 16:
35.  Ken Caminiti - Season Highlights

53.  Dan Wilson - Inside Baseball
69.  Shane Reynolds - S.I.ber Vision
95.  Ryne Sandberg
105.  Ron Gant
Mini Poster:
Greg Maddux

The Caminiti photo is simply unnecessary if you ask me.  I guess Fleer was trying to woo the ladies by inserting a way-too-naked looking Caminiti photo in the set.  The Maddux poster, by the way, is another duplicate and available for trade.

Pack 17:
8.  Vladimir Guerrero - Fresh Faces
120. Steve Finley
165.  Jim Leyritz
175.  Will Clark & Mark McGwire - SI Covers
159.  Randy Johnson - Extra Edition Parallel set #186/500

Mini Poster:
Andy Ashby
This scan job was so poor that I had to keep it just so you could see how inept I can be.

I wasn't expecting to pull a serially numbered card of the box so the Johnson was a nice little surprise.  Other than the stamp on the front and the serial number on the back though, the cards are exactly identical to the regular base cards.

Comments