Featured Post

Group Break #5: Preview Pack - 1999 Fleer Brilliants!

My fifth group break of 2012 is almost full - two slots remain as of the time I'm writing this post (about 12 hours or so before you'll see it live assuming the Blogger scheduling works).  I also need payments from a bunch of people including:

  • Jaybarkerfan (payment this weekend)
  • Pop Startled
  • Jon
  • Tunguska
  • Baseball Dad
  • arpsmith

Thanks to all involved - now let's get to the second preview pack.  In case you missed it, I did a video break of the first preview pack...but man, waiting for videos to upload sucks!  Every time I make one of those I swear it's the last time...  That said, I might try again once the break gets going - if people prefer that?  Let me know in the comments!

Anyhow, let's rip open the box of Fleer Brilliants and bust the first pack out of the box!

Pack 01:
27.  Frank Thomas - White Sox  (team still available!)

88.  Jorge Posada - Yankees (congrats roddster)

111.  Kevin Brown - Dodgers (congrats Stealing Home)

112.  Jose Canseco - Rays (team still available!)

1B.  Brilliant Blue parallel:  Mark McGwire - Cardinals (congrats Ike's Cards)

Initial impressions:  I like the set a lot!  The cards are really shiny, almost mirror-like!  The blue parallels are seeded 1:3 packs (for veterans) which means we should land a few more of them before the box is finished.  The one bummer for the set is that Fleer included only one year's worth of statistics on the back of the card.  Otherwise, they are great looking cards - I only hope there are some good Reds in the set!

Like what you see here?  Then jump in the break - I am waiting on payment from the above group break participants (or emails stating that payment is coming on a certain date) and then we'll get the break moving.  If I have to, I can buy out the last slot but I really can't afford to cover both unclaimed slots.

Comments

  1. Hey Chris, if no one claims a team by 8 tonight(about the time I get home) put me down for the white sox and shoot me an e-mail and I'll pay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to know someone who would LOVE that Canseco. Who else misses Wax Heaven?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment