Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Marcus of All the Way to the Backstop

Did you know that there were Padre fans on the blogs?

Ok, there are one or two out there but it's still rare for me to have someone request Padre cards as part of a trade.  However, that's exactly what happened in my trade with Marcus from All the Way to the Backstop.  You can read about Marcus' end of the swap on his blog (scroll to the bottom of the trade post).

In our trade, Marcus perused my various For Trade lists and picked out cards he wanted (mostly Padres and players who would become Padres like Edinson Volquez).  In return, Marcus helped me out with my own want lists...

The first want list that Marcus swung his trade axe at was 2012 Topps Archives.  I ended up acquiring a quartet of Archive reprints (including a Red - Joe Morgan)!

There were a couple of smaller Archive cards - smaller in size that is.  One was a Deckle Edge beauty of Ichiro (too bad he's a Yankee) and the other a 3D of none other than Babe Ruth (one of the ultimate Yankees).

There was a nice In Action card of Troy Tulowitzki turning a double play that involves Matt Kemp getting out at second...

Finally, there were a bunch of stickers - some cloth and some of the "big head" types.

Shifting our attention to the "other" 2012 set that I'm currently working on, Marcus managed to find a few minis that I needed including a Military Leader card of Sun Tzu and a Culinary Curiosity card of Nutria (which is essentially rat).  Yum!

Thanks for the great trade Marcus - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments