Featured Post

Using eBay to Whittle Down the Want List

That's right, I had to resort to eBay in order to land a few more of the 2012 Topps Archives cards that I need for my set.  At this point, I'm only chasing the inserts and a few more short prints - the entire base set is complete.  Speaking of the base set, did you know I have a whole bunch of cards from the set available for trade?

I bid on (and won) a "you pick" lot of 10 cards.  Unfortunately, the seller only had 5 that I needed so I picked 5 others to use as trade bait (or my own eBay auction).  First, here are the five that I needed:

That's a Robinson Cano Topps 3D card.  At this point, I am missing only one more 3D card, none other than Mickey Mantle.  Do you have an extra Mantle for me?

Next, a pair of the cloth sticker cards.

I'm getting closer (slowly) to the full set of stickers as well - these seem to be a bit more plentiful in trades so I'm hopeful that I can track down the few remaining cards without having to resort to eBay again.

I also landed another Deckle Edge card for my collection:

That's none other than Willie Mays - a great looking card if you ask me.  Very postcard like.

The final card that I was able to add to my collection was a short print of Ed Kranepool.

There's not much to say about the card other than the fact that I needed it (i.e. it's quite boring).  Still, it's one fewer short print that I have to track down!

As for the other cards that I won - they are all available for trade (along with plenty of others).  I picked up a pair of Archive reprints (Killebrew and the Clemente featured above).  I also picked up a short print of Oscar Gamble - figured there might be a Yankee fan willing to trade me for that one.

Finally, I picked up a pair of rarer inserts (again with the hopes of trading for one that I needed).  The first is an In Action card of Mike Napoli.

The other is a Classic Combos card of Joey Votto and Johnny Bench (which is an awesome card but I don't need two of it)!

If you need any of those, just check out my want list and make an offer!

One final note:  I posted the first round of the contest here.  Check it out as well!

Comments