Featured Post

A Halloween Post. One Day Late.

Forgive me if I'm not in a truly Halloween-y mood this year.  You see, Mother Nature decided to trick us and dumped a bunch of rain on my hometown (though no where near what some people got).  The San Francisco-Freaking Giants (official name, I think) managed to win their second World Series in three years.  The worst part of that terrible trick is that the only team to have stopped the Giants streak is the Cardinals last year.  That's one crappy trick piled upon another.  And then, there was the trick that my students pulled on me last week - I think it was mostly coughing their mucus-y coughs all over my office, maybe licking my stapler or something.  Whatever it was, their trick made me sick.

So yeah, I'm not in the mood for any candy.  Or any more tricks.

But treats?  I can do that.  And really, with the baseball card malaise still lingering over me what else could serve as a treat?

How about a few new packs of Legos?!

And whaddya know, the first pack yields a Halloween inspired vampire bat guy.  Cute, I guess.
Maybe I should use that white background for all my photos - almost looks like a stock photo to me!  

The second pack gave way to a conquistador, one of the minifigures that I actually wanted from Series 8.  That's the kind of treat I can get behind.

And yes, I bought a couple of other packs but they yielded nothing but duplicates which are now up on eBay.  Gotta feed the collecting itch somehow, right?

Comments