Featured Post

Epic McGwire!

The 1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated box has been quite a bit of fun to (re)open.  One of the few negatives about the set though is that the photography isn't as top-notch as I would have liked.  That said, there are a few great photos that I've seen - including the McGwire in pack 19.

Pack 19:
61.  Phillies rookies (Anderson, Welch, Bennett)
66.  Rockies rookies (Gibson, Strittmatter, Clemente)
80.  Scott Rolen
123.  Mark McGwire

174.  Tom Glavine
13 of 25 HL.  Headliners:  Alex Rodriguez

The McGwire card is cardboard perfection if you ask me - and I don't even like the Cardinals.  The Headliner insert of A-Rod is fairly nice too, but let's be honest, pretty much every card pales in comparison to the Big Mac.

Pack 20:
52.  Dodgers rookies (Pena, Kubenka, LoDuca)
55.  Indians rookies (Branyan, Cabrera, Rakers)
83.  Jose Canseco
109.  Juan Encarnacion
129.  Johnny Damon
132.  Tony Womack

I can't be positive (at least without doing some research) but I would hazard a guess that Womack didn't actually make that play).

Comments