Featured Post

Two of the Final Three Packs - Vintage is Almost History!

I had hoped to finish off the 2001 Upper Deck Vintage box before Christmas, but alas, it's the day after Christmas and I still have three packs remaining!  The good news is that I WILL finish the box off today.  Here's two of the final three packs (and you won't want to miss the final pack either)!

Also, I have no idea what happened to Pack #21.  Either I lost count somewhere in my posts OR I only got 23 packs in the box (I didn't count beforehand and I've been throwing out the pack wrappers as I open each pack).  Grr!

Pack 22:
59.  Aaron Sele
120.  Jeff Weaver
134.  Brad Radke
157.  Paul O'Neil

Seeing O'Neil in a Yankees uniform still makes me cringe.  I liked him when he was a Red!
218.  Damon Buford
245.  Peter Bergeron
275.  Florida Marlins
304.  Travis Lee
339.  Todd Hollandsworth
360.  Diamondback rookies (Cabrera, Guzman, Figueroa)

Well, that wasn't an exciting pack, was it?  Luckily I've slated today to have two packs instead of one...let's hope the second-to-last pack of the box is a bit better!

Pack 23:
28.  Kelvim Escobar
46.  Jim Thome
122.  Todd Jones
131.  Jacque Jones
172.  Houston Astros
200.  Edgar Renteria
225.  Steve Finley
261.  Livan Hernandez
320.  Pokey Reese

I always had big hopes for Reese as a Red.  Unfortunately, he never exactly panned out - mostly because he couldn't much more than a fastball.
351.  Tigers rookies (Johnson, Inge, Bernero)

And that's the box - except for that last pack that I keep teasing.  Trust me when I say it's BY FAR the best pack in the box.  In fact, you might even say it saved the box from earning a less-than-desirable score in my box & case review page.

Comments

  1. Getting O'Neill was one of the best Yankee trades of all time. The guy was a great competitor and really fit it well with the team.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment