Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Getting Ready for the Spring

  Although it's still cold (and windy) in northern Pennsylvania, I can't help but to think about sunnier (and warmer) days!

A couple of days ago, I found myself in Target - and while I did visit the card aisle I didn't lay down any of my hard earned cash on cards.  Instead, I took a stroll to the back section of the store to look at the sporting goods.  I was hoping to get a few more softballs (which I wanted to use for practice with the bat that I got over the winter from a blog reader - and fantasy baseball league opponent)!

I managed to get a four pack of softballs for about $10.00.  Not a great deal, but terrible either I suppose.


After picking out the softballs, I decided to take a gander at the metal bats.  I've never actually owned my own bat (despite playing in baseball leagues since I was just a little tyke).  My brother and I had one we shared back in our Little League days - but that's it (until the aforementioned wood bat).  Unfortunately, my league doesn't allow wood bats during league play, so I thought I might as well look at the metal bats.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

Yep.

One dollar and eighty-six cents.  Less than a pack of cards for a brand new bat.

Sure, it was labeled "as is".  There were actually two of the same bat marked down to $1.86.  One had a fairly large scratch on it - the other one I bought ;)

To my eye, this bat is flawless.

And so my trip to Target to get a few new softballs ended up with me getting what will probably go down as the best bargain I get all year.

Happy days indeed, now if only the sun would shine long enough to melt all the snow and dry out the lawn enough to be able to play without sinking in mud up to my ankles!

Comments

  1. Epic deal. A bat for only a bit more than half a ball.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment