Featured Post

My 2013 Topps Tribute Haul!

As you probably know, I hosted a 2013 Topps Tribute group break on my blog that ended a few days ago (and to group break participants, you should be getting your cards soon - today marks my last day of work so those that aren't mailed ought to be by Saturday at the latest).

Anyhow, I figured I'd show off my "haul" from the break here:

Yep, two base cards.  I'm not complaining though because some slots didn't get anything.  Of course, one slot ended up scoring three hits and a second slot had a pair of hits but I digress.

My initial reaction to the cards was "wow."  I still feel that way - probably because I don't usually (aka ever) buy high end stuff like this.  A little bit of shine goes a long way - and I do like how shiny the cards are.  I also happen to enjoy the backs of the cards.  Each card back features a few "bullet points" about the player in question - and many of them are quite interesting.

For instance, did you know that Johnny Bench had a caught stealing percentage of 40+ in 12 of his 13 years in which he caught at least 100 games?  Now you do.

Or with Robinson.  Did you know he had 20+ home runs in all 10 years as a Cincinnati Red?

Good stuff by Topps!  It makes up (a bit) for the sour taste in my mouth left by this guy.

Comments