Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Cards - Volume IV: Heroes of Sport

A few weeks ago (well, ok, back in March of this year), I spent a week highlighting my Topps American Heroes set.  While I did have the full base set complete (hence the reason for showing off all the cards), at the time I did not have the Heroes of Sport set complete (as you can see here, here, and here).  Thanks to my recent Check Out My Cards purchase, I've now righted that wrong.

Behold!

4.  Cy Young

Cy Young looks much more like a farmer in this photo than he does a "star ballplayer."  I wonder how many other baseball cards feature a wagon in them?

16.  Rogers Hornsby

Another great "old timey" photograph.  I wonder why Rogers' parents decided the poor guy needed that extra "s" at the end of his first name.  Seems unnecessary to me.

17.  Stan Musial

From old time photos to pictures of old guys, this set has it all!  Musial will be missed by all of baseball, he seemed like a class act from everything I saw or read...even if he was a Cardinal.

22.  Reggie Jackson

Easily my least favorite of the four cards - but as a set collector I needed them all whether I actually liked them or not.  In that way, you could say they are all loved equally.

My 2009 Topps American Heritage Heroes set is now only one more insert set away from being totally complete - plus a retail checklist.  If you have any lying around, let me know.  Here's what I still need:

2009 Topps Heritage American Heroes Edition Wants:
Heroes of Spaceflight:
HSF- 5, 11, 12, 16, 18, 22, 23, 25, 26
Retail Checklist:  1

That's four more cards from my recent purchase now discovered - what else could there be in the remaining six cards that I haven't yet shown?  Stay tuned, all will be enlightened eventually!

Comments