Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

When A Letter Begins "I was cleaning out cards and..." (Part 3)

Note:  I covered part 2 of the recent trade package from David here, read that first if you missed it then come back here!

---

We dip back into the trade envelope in order to pick out some more goodies to show.  What better way to begin than with a pair of autographs?

Yep - two football autos of guys that I've at least heard of!  I'm a Steelers fan so neither guy is overly exciting to me but an autograph is autograph as they say!

From the autos, we move on to things I do collect - namely Reds!  David sent me a couple of Johnny Bench cards - one is this Gypsy Queen card which I happen to like quite a bit.

The one thing I don't get about this year's Gypsy Queen is why the neon colored backs?  Weird to me, is it some sort of throwback to an old set that I'm unaware of?  I will say, the more Gypsy Queen cards that I get, the more I want to collect the set.  That's a dangerous thing to start thinking about, especially with Allen & Ginter around the corner.

The next Bench is much smaller - and a sticker!  Along with Bench is a Reds logo (plus a logo of some team from the other league)...

Rounding out this post is a few of the oddballs sent me way.  A Pete Rose Baseball tattoo wrapper?

Check.

A woman in baseball who played in the late 40s?

Check.

A Squirt card?

Check.

Great stuff - and sometimes getting a package full of random stuff is a lot of fun - not every envelope has to knock off cards from my want list!  What's even better is that I STILL haven't even gotten to my favorite cards in the package!  Stay tuned to the blog for more goodies from David coming up!

Comments