Featured Post

Happy Fourth of July!

I'm positive there will be plenty of "Happy Fourth of July" messages across the blogs today - mine included.  I'm also guessing that most of you won't be reading such messages as you'll likely be enjoying grilled food, yard games, and maybe some fireworks.  Perhaps before you do all that, you might consider signing up for my super cheap group break that includes three promised hits (plus a boatload of 2013 Topps Series 2).

I've been blogging at Nachos Grande now for six years - and each year I post some sort of Happy 4th of July for my loyal (and not-so-loyal) readers.

In 2008, my first year of blogging at Nachos Grande (before I moved into mostly baseball card stuff), I posted one of my more heartfelt posts, albeit a short one.

In 2009, I must have been in a rush because my readers got about two lines to read.  I made up for it the next day though with a full blog entry full of photos of fireworks, some of which came out quite well given the relatively crappy camera that I was using at the time.  It's sort of sad to admit but I still haven't updated that camera in terms of pocket-sized photography equipment.  Luckily, my cell phone has a decent camera so I rarely need the 'ol digital one.

In 2010, it was back to a short post - but I did steal one of my fireworks photos from the year before in an effort to spruce things up.  It's because I care.

In 2011, I was in the midst of a group break and (originally) I didn't even tag the post as a 4th of July post.  Luckily, I searched through my archives and found the post where I wished everyone a happy 4th.  Again, because I care folks.

In 2012, it was back to a short post with a "stolen" fireworks photo from back in '09.  Who says I don't recycle?

Given that history, this is probably the longest post that I've done for the 4th of July.  So there you go, I'm still setting records six years later!

Have fun and be safe out there!  See you tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Happy back at ya'! I'll be reading as it's raining around here, at least for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment