Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Case Rip: Box #8 - Box Loader & Packs 1 - 12

I've had a blast opening up my case of 2013 Allen & Ginter so far.  Of course, I'm still anxiously awaiting the promised rip card - and I'd love to land some other card (or cards) that would help me recoup some of my investment.  Otherwise, I'm simply hoping for more of the inserts that I need - after all, I hope to complete most (if not all) of the insert sets this year!

Box Loader:

Another Wonders of the World card.  I like the concept of these, but man, the photos are just about the worst quality that I've ever seen on a baseball card.  Topps really needs to apologize for how crappy all the cabinet card photos are (or, in this case, a drawing I suppose).

As for the subject of the card?  Well, I think the Hanging Gardens of Babylon are quite fascinating...though I admit that I don't know all that much about 'em (of course, neither do historians).

Packs 1 - 12:

The first half of this box ended up being pretty darn good.  We begin with a gorgeous Joey Votto black bordered mini.

After that, there were two mini inserts (including my fourth Peacemakers card).
The Peacemakers set is indeed only 10 cards in size.  Within the 10 cards are a fairly eclectic group including Washington, Clinton, and Gandhi.  It's fun little sets like that that keep Allen & Ginter fresh year in and year out.  The inquiring minds is another fun set, though the only checklist I've seen has the set at 21 total cards (which should be illegal).  Mini sets should come in multiples of 15 (since that's how many mini cards the Ultra Pro pages hold).  21 is simply stupid...though it makes you wonder if those cards somehow relate to this year's Ginter code.

Then a surprise - another People on Bicycles card.

I thought those cards were seeded 1 per case, but I've now pulled two and my case still isn't finished.  The other "secret" mini set is All in a Day's Work but I haven't found any of those yet.

I also got a pair of hits - one was a Clay Buchholz jersey card...

The other?  A Ziggy Marley autograph.

I'd say I did ok with this box - and I've only opened half of it so far!

Comments