Saturday, November 16, 2013

UD Past Time Pennants Countdown: I Guess No One Cares About This...

I have to admit, I'm sort of disappointed/surprised that more people aren't interested in my little countdown.  On average, I can safely assume 100+ visitors on a given day for my usual drivel.  Unfortunately, since I started the '05 UD Past Time Pennants Countdown, my daily readership has taken a nose dive.  With that said, I guess I'll apologize to all of you for picking such a boring (?) topic...but in the spirit of finishing what one starts, I'll continue on...with the goal of having a post each evening that's something non-UD Past Time Pennants I guess.

#45:  Maury Willis

An old-timey photo makes this card nice.  No batting gloves and choked up on the bat?  That's enough to put this card smack dab in the middle of my countdown!

#44:  Pee Wee Reese

Our second consecutive Dodger - but this one is twice as nice despite it being another posed shot.  Once again, it's the background of the photo that interests me...in this case, there's a game going on while 'ol Reese is posing for a photo!  What a showboat!

#43:  Luis Aparicio 

We are are almost to the point where I had a hard time figuring out where exactly a card should rank in my countdown.  This is one of the cards that I initially like quite a bit but it kept falling further and further down the rankings.  In the end, it made the top half but only by a hair.  I think it's the banks of lights in the background that I like!

2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants - Best Cards, In Order (so far).
Note:  The card number is the number in parenthesis after the player.
#90.  Ron Guidry (74)
#89.  Paul Molitor (62)
#88.  Will Clark (87)
#87.  Kirby Puckett (50)
#86.  Carl Yastrzemski (14)
#85.  Mike Schmidt (57)
#84.  Keith Hernandez (49)
#83.  Jim Rice (43)
#82.  Gary Carter (32)
#81.  Bill Mazeroski (4)
#80.  Catfish Hunter (16)
#79.  Tony Gwynn (76)
#78.  Cal Ripken Jr. (13)
#77.  Jack Morris (39)
#76.  Ozzie Smith (61)
#75:  Graig Nettles (37)
#74:  Dale Murphy (17)
#73:  Goose Gossage (36)
#72.  Bucky Dent (12)
#71.  Jim Palmer (42)
#70.  Robin Yount (70)
#69.  Willie McCovey (88)
#68.  Dave Parker (18)
#67.  Billy Williams (5)
#66.  Don Mattingly (20)
#65.  Steve Carlton (79)
#64.  Gaylord Perry (33)
#63.  Sparky Lyle (77)
#62.  Jim Bunning (40)
#61.  Eddie Mathews (24)
#60.  Tommy John (82)
#59.  George Kell (35)
#58.  Monte Irvin (58)
#57:  Bert Blyleven (3)
#56:  Early Wynn (23)
#55:  Larry Doby (51)
#54:  Joe Morgan (45)
#53:  Nolan Ryan (59)
#52:  Lou Brock (52)
#51:  Rico Petrocelli (68)
#50:  Bob Lemon (8)
#49:  Fred Lynn (31)
#48:  Bobby Doerr (9)
#47:  Robin Roberts (69)
#46:  Johnny Podres (47)
#45:  Maury Wills (55)
#44:  Pee Wee Reese (63)
#43:  Luis Aparicio (53)

4 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I don't think it's you or the topic. Over at PATP daily hits and comments are down. Posting has dropped off around the 'sphere as well. I think it's the doldrums between the World Series and Spring Training.

Cards from the Quarry said...

I agree with PATP. I created a 1500 card custom set and I am only getting 30-35 hits a day. What can you do? I am just going to keep plugging along and if I end up doing this for "only" 30-35 people, then I am just going to do the best I can for that group of loyal readers.

night owl said...

The two worst months for card blog readership are November and December. It happens ever year.

Nachos Grande said...

Fair enough I guess. I know my blog isn't the most exciting one out there but a 50% reduction in readers was a bit shocking. And yes, I know numbers aren't everything...but I am a numbers guy so I can't help but pay attention to such things.

Post a Comment